don't sleep

"The Pope is dead." Irene announces the next morning during breakfast. It's weird, because they're just eating their spread made by Wendy, and feel absolutely nothing. "They're blaming Barom's clan." That does cause some feeling, shock for most except Seulgi. "Shoo, doesn't want us to speak to him, or Hyangsook, or anyone from their clans. They're now seen as disgraced and traitors to the path. She and Leeteuk are discussing the next move. We need a pope, so we'll have to vote within the upcoming week when nominees are announced."

"Who could possibly be good enough to be nominated?" Joy wonders.

"As far as I know... it's out of Leeteuk, Yunho or Shoo."

"I'm full... and I have to get a book from the library, so I'll see you all later." Seulgi lies, standing abruptly from the table. "Have a good day everyone."

She goes to Jaebum, finds him in his apartment preparing to leave. "Where are you going?"

"I'm helping Barom and Hyangsook get to the airport." Jaebum admits, "Do you want to come too?"

"Were you going to tell me? Do you know what's going on?"

"Yeah, your Pope is dead, Barom's clan is framed and now they have to flee."

"And you're helping them."

"They're innocent."

"And you know that how?"

"It's in the cards."

"How many times have you gone to have your cards read?"

"Only one other time... it was very thorough."

"What else are you hiding from me?"

"Why do you think I'm hiding something?"

"I had a dream last night... was then visited by the Sandman. I asked him some questions, one of which included if you knew something I didn't... and his reply was the dark lord will rise again. Do you know what that means?"

"Can we talk about this in the car?" Jaebum wonders and Seulgi sighs but nods. He leans forward, pressing a kiss against her forehead. Seulgi can feel any anger or hurt melt away, and she reaches forward to cling onto his jacket. "Come on, we need to help out our friends first."

Seulgi's mind is going over all the possibilities during the short ride to pick up Hyangsook and Barom. It's too suspicious that the Pope is suddenly dead, and Shoo is one of the candidates to become the next Pope. Plus, out of all the people to blame, why is Barom's clan the ones they accept? He and his clan have been very low profile, ever since the failed arranged marriage. "What does it mean, Jaebum?" Seulgi wonders, too impatient to wait until he's ready to talk.

"The prophecy."

"It has to mean more than just that."

"I'm his tie to the mortal world, because I am a part of him and mortal. Without me, there would be no prophecy, so he would not be able to walk freely amongst mortals. Upon fulfillment, the gates will open, and he and the demons of the underworld can leave. He'll take on his archangel form, become Lucifer and slowly start to collect more and more people to accept his dark path. The goal is world domination, and power over all. The Dark Lord bows to no one, and he wants to make sure it stays that way."