posion

a/n: intense angst, violence, you will not be okay after this, but it's not the end.

"We're voting for the new Pope today." Irene reminds everyone, "I have to run to the store to get more ingredients for the potion, but we'll be submitting our votes by cauldron." Seulgi nods her head in acceptance, though she doesn't feel very good about the situation. The two candidates for their new Pope is left between Shoo and Yunho. Yunho would make a great Pope, but Seulgi's sure that the voting is probably rigged again to allow a victory in Shoo's favor. "Seulgi? Can you make sure that either Jaebeom comes here to vote, or he turns in his ballot to you?"

"Yes, of course."

"Thanks, I'll be back in an hour or so."

Seulgi texts Jaebeom right away about the voting, and he agrees to be over in a few minutes to fill out his ballot. Their relationship is at a stand still, Jaebeom's been really focusing on practicing his magic, doing whatever he can to prepare for the prophecy, but he hasn't been practicing with Seulgi. She's been too tired lately, emotionally and mentally drained from everything that's going on. She's afraid to sleep because it seems like no matter what, she's plagued with nightmares. She also feels guilty, because one thought that continuously runs through her mind is to just end this all.

Breaking up with jaebeom was never supposed to be an option, after all, her defiance is what got her into this mess... but it also seems like the only way she can get herself out of it. If she breaks up with Jaebeom, Shoo will get what she wants, an obedient Seulgi. The prophecy won't be fulfilled either. However, it seems the more she tries to resist, the cloudier her thoughts become. She's being selfish, choosing Jaebeom over the well being of her clan, of her fellow witches and warlocks, and definitely over the well being of the mortals. But... if she ends things with him, it'll only cause an even more downward spiral. She's never loved someone so intensely... and leaving behind that love, running away and being alone terrifies her. Not to mention, she can't imagine breaking his heart. She's utterly torn.

When he arrives, he admits that he can't stay for very long, and Seulgi feels her listlessness returning. "Okay... just leave your ballot on the table then. Next to mine."

"Are you feeling okay? You look tired, babe." Jaebeom points out and Seulgi laughs dryly.

"I am tired. I'm going to lie down... you can let yourself out." She turns quickly, making her way back up the stairs, ready to lock herself in her room but she feels Jaebeom grab her hand.

"Talk to me for a second, what's going on? You seem... different."

"Now you notice." She sighs, "We haven't spent any time together lately. We fix it, or so I thought, and then you shove me away to practice your magic alone or with who knows who."

"I've only been giving you space because ever since your dream about the Dark Lord, you've been pushing me away."

"That's not true." Seulgi says the words, but she feels the opposite. It is true... she's to blame. "I-I have to go." she breaks away from his hold and runs up to her room, ignoring him as he calls out to her.