Part 3: The Lightwoods

After receiving the news of getting the job, Alec quickly called his mother to tell her all about it.

"Hello?"

"Hey, mom."

"Hi Alec, what's going on?"

"Well, you know about that job interview that I applied for Bane?"

"Yes, what about it?"

"I got the job!"

"Oh, Alec, sweetie, that's amazing! I knew you could do it."

"Yeah, it's crazy really, I didn't think I was going to get it."

"Alec, what have I told you about doubting yourself?"

"That I have potential and I just need to be more confident in myself," Alec groaned.

It's not that Alec didn't usually like this talk but it did get tiring though. Alec was indeed shy and he never applied himself out there. He was always the quiet kid who would doodle in his sketchbook or sewing something new up. Alec never had any friends other than Clary, he was most close with his family and that was it.

"Exactly. I know that you are going to do something amazing Alec, you just need that push okay?"

"Okay."

"Alright. Hey, how about you, Isabelle, Max and I go out for a celebratory dinner huh?"

"That'd be great, though I wish Jace could go."

Jace had been accepted into the IMEP Paris College of Music last year. The Lightwood family's only communication was either facetime, texting, or calling him.

"Hopefully, Jace won't be busy with his classes in Paris so we can call him."

"Hopefully."

"Well, I gotta go, I need to open up the shop."

"Okay, bye Mom. Say hi to Izzy and Max for me."

"Will do, we'll see you tonight at eight."

"Alright, bye Mom."

"Bye Alec."

Alec hung up and put his phone in his pocket.

"Who was it?" Clary asked.

"My mom, just telling her the news."

"She must've been proud."

"Yeah, she is."

Clary laid down on the couch and turned on the TV. Alec thought that she was going to watch another episode of How To Get Away With Murder.

"So, any celebration you want to do? Like got out to dinner? A movie? Show?"

"Sorry, Clary, but my mom said that she was going to take me out along with Max and Izzy to celebrate."

"It's okay."

Another ring of Alec's phone came, he pulled the phone out of his pocket and saw Izzy's name on the phone.

"Hey, Izzy, what's up?"

"Oh nothing, just wanting to...SCREAM IN DELIGHT THAT YOU GOT THE JOB!"

"Oh Jesus, Izzy, I think I'm deaf now."

"Sorry, I just couldn't help it. Besides, you're working with THE Magnus Bane! Do you have any idea how much people would kill just to be with him?"

"Yeah, Izzy, I know but I am nervous. I mean, he's Magnus Bane and I'm just...nothing."

"If I could, I would slap the crap out of you right now."

"What?"

"Repeat after me, I."

"I."

"Am Alexander."

"Am Alexander."

"Gideon Lightwood."

"Gideon Lightwood."

"And I am an awesome person in the entire world!"

"And I am an awesome person in the entire world."

"Good."

"Good."

Alec had a smirk on his face. She didn't say to stop copying her.

"Okay, you can stop now."

"Thanks, Izzy, I needed that."

"You're my brother, Alec, and no matter what, I'm always going to be here for you okay?"

"Okay."

"Alright, I gotta go help mom now. See you tonight."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye."