Part 10: A Night Inside

Magnus made sure that everything for Alec was perfectly set up. Shampoo, soap, and conditioner was aligned in the showers and the comfiest clothes sleep in was picked out. He had to keep checking quadruple just to make sure that everything was good. Magnus didn't know why he was doing this though. It's not like Alec was going to care that much if everything was not exactly perfect. Magnus guessed that this was the first time in years that he had brought someone to his home. Magnus heard a door open and thought it was just Alec walking out to take a shower.

"Um, Magnus?" Alec called out.

"Yes?"

"Where did you say the bathroom was?"

"Down the hall and to the left."

"Okay, thank you."

He heard footsteps walk away and Magnus was alone. Well, technically he wasn't alone since Alec was here. Magnus' phone made a small tune so he pulled it out to see who it was. He looked and saw Astrid Leong's name on it under Facetime. Magnus smiled and pressed the call button.

"Hey, Magnus."

"Hello Astrid, my darling, how have you been?"

Astrid could only be described as a well-grounded and a kind-hearted person. Not only did she have looks but she has the biggest heart she has ever seen in his life. Magnus met Astrid when he traveled to Singapore to create a dress for her. Astrid loved it so much that she became one of Magnus' best customer and a good friend.

"I've been good and you?"

"Oh you know, fashion business getting busier by the day."

"Oh..."

Astrid had her eyes down on the floor and her hand covered her mouth.

"What's wrong?"

"I was going to ask you if you could design something but I can tell your busy-"

"Oh no Astrid, I'm always into designing things, what is it?"

"Do you remember my cousin, Nick?"

"Of course, how could I forget? He's such a sweet, last time I remembered he was getting engaged to his girlfriend Rachel Chu, right?"

"Yes and that's what I wanted to talk about. You see, Rachel is having a hard time picking out a dress and I was wondering if you could design hers."

"Oh, of course, I'll make sure that it will be only the best for the glowing bride."

"Oh thank you, Magnus, I knew I could count on you."

"Anything for your Astrid."

"Thank you, Magnus, I'm giving you four weeks to get it done and then I'll come over to New York to pick it up."

"Alright, I'll try to get it done with it as soon as I can."

"Okay, thank you again, Magnus, I know that it's a lot to ask."

"You don't need to worry, I'm going to be fine besides I got a new fashion apprentice and I think he'll be able to like this assignment."

"A new apprentice? What happened to Imasu?"

"Fired him, he just couldn't keep up and was really selfish."

"Oh, I'm so sorry."

"It's alright, it was for the best, and I'm really starting to like my new one."

"Who is it?"

"His name is Alec, Alec Lightwood."

"Well, I would like to meet him maybe when you drop off the dress."

"Oh, of course, I'll be sure that he comes along."

"Great, well, I gotta get going, I've got to help Rachel and Nick with more wedding planning."

"Good luck."