Part 13: The Outside

Catarina couldn't decide on which dress to make since she thought they were great so it was back to the drawing board again. The entire day, it was sketching and new designs for a wedding dress. 

"We sure do work a lot, don't we Alexander?" 

"Yeah, but we still haven't settled on a design yet." 

"Hmm." Magnus had his hand under his chin and kept rubbing against it.

"What are you thinking, Magnus?" 

"Usually when I'm stuck on a design, I'd like to get out and explore the city to see if I can get some inspiration." 

"That's a pretty good idea." 

Magnus took Alec's and dragged him out of the room. Alec was surprised that he was actually going with him. The two got into the limo and started to drive around the city. 

"So is there a specific place that you always wanted to go for inspiration?" 

"Central Park."

"Cool, I remember my mom would take me, Izzy, Jace, and Max all the time just to have fun." 

"What would you do?" 

"The usual things, grab a bite, go on a carriage ride, see all the street performers, and have a sketcher draw us, stuff like that."  

"Sounds like you had fun." 

"We did, it was always the best since we had each other and we did run into a few shenanigans." 

"Like what?" 

"Well, there was this one time we passed over a bridge where there was this huge lake where the boats are at. Jace, being the clueless kid he was, jumped into the river and my mom had to jump in just to rescue him." 

"Oh my goodness," Magnus kept laughing. 

Seeing Magnus smile brilliantly made Alec blush a little bit. 

They arrived at Central Park and started to walk around to see if there was anything inspirational for them to look out for. 

"Anything?" Alec asked. 

"Nothing, I suddenly feel drained." 

"All I can see is just a lot of plants, grass, trees, and anything else that deals with nature." 

The two kept walking around some more and just enjoyed being in each other's company. After a little while, the two sat down on a bench and started eating their hot dogs away. 

"I know that we haven't found much but I definitely am enjoying you here with me. When it's days like this, I was mostly alone." 

"Your former apprentice or Catarina didn't come with you?" 

"No, because Catarina had work to do and my apprentice isn't that much of an outside person."  

"Oh." 

"Yeah but I'm glad you're here." 

Magnus placed his hand over Alec's and Alec started to blush, again. 

"Um, why don't we go to some other places we can look?" 

"Yeah, sure." 

The two got up from the bench, still holding hands, and walked away.