Part 9: The Wonderful Loft Of Brooklyn

To Alec, traveling from Java Jones in Manhattan to Greenpoint, Brooklyn took forever but they arrived.

"Welcome to my loft, Alexander," Magnus exclaimed.

Magnus pointed up to the balcony that was all the way to the top of the apartment building.

"Wow, it's nothing like I've ever seen before," Alec said in awe.

Magnus and Alec walked inside to where the lobby was.

"Hey Magnus," a woman with brown hair and gray eyes greeted.

"Hello, Tessa," Magnus greeted back.

"And who is this? A new friend?"

"This is my new fashion apprentice, Alexander Lightwood."

Magnus looked at Alec and gestured to Tessa: "Alec, this is the owner of the apartment building, Theresa Gray."

"But I go by Tessa."

"It's nice to meet you," Alec said.

"Nice to meet you too, Alec."

After the two shook hands, the two said goodbye and headed to the elevator. When they reached the top floor, the elevator doors slid away. Magnus and Alec walked to Magnus' front door, it was painted white and had a golden doorknob.

"Close your eyes," Magnus ordered.

"What?" Alec's eyes widened when Magnus told him to do it.

"Just close your eyes, Alexander, I want the inside to be a surprise."

Alec sighed and closed his eyes.

He heard the key unlock that doorknob and then he felt Magnus' hand touch his.

"Alright, I'll lead you inside."

Alec took small steps so he wouldn't trip on anything. Magnus then stopped him and said in a low voice.

"Open your eyes."

Alec opened them and then his eyes widened at what he saw. The loft was huge and had amazing furniture. A glass coffee table that was between two blue couches, double black doors with glass panes that led to the balcony. A small chandelier that gave shines liked fireflies and huge paintings on the walls.

"Wow, this is beautiful, Magnus."

"I think so too, you can thank Tessa for giving me advice on what to get for the furniture. If there is anything that Tessa specializes is in home decorating."

"She really has an eye for it."

"Yes she does, now come along, I want to show you your room."

Alec followed Magnus into a small hallway and was in front of a white door. Magnus opened it and Alec saw a huge bed with a white mattress sheet but with a dark red blanket. There were a couple of red and white throw pillows on it. There was a glass door with a white border on it, when Alec opened it he saw that it was a walk-in closet.

"I wanted this loft to have a walk-in closet, I even have one in my room."

"Magnus, this is beautiful."

Alec couldn't believe that he was actually staying in the fanciest loft he has ever seen.

"Anyways, Alexander, the shower is just down the hall and take a left. I hope you don't mind but the shampoo is sandalwood scented."

Alec fixed his gaze to Magnus' and responded: "It'll be fine."

"I'll see if I can try to get you some clothes to sleep in. In the meantime, you can explore the place since I know you're in awe of it."

"Sure and Magnus?"

"Yes?"

"Merci."

"De rien."

Alec smiled and Magnus exited out of the room. He closed the door and Alec laid down on the bed. His phone vibrated and pulled it out to see his mother's name, Alec pressed the call button and put the phone to his ear.

"Hey Mom."

"Hi, sweetheart, how was your first work day of work?"

"It was....interesting."

Alec wasn't sure how he was going to tell his mom on how it started great, at first, but then a crazy business lady just made it worse.

"Well don't leave me hanging, what happened?"