Freckles and Constellations

The applause and the crowd cheered louder as I walked out onstage. I blew kisses and waved. The crowd quieted down and I picked up the microphone.

"Good evening London!" I greeted. The crowd cheered again. "I am so honored that you all are here tonight. It's really a great honor that I get to share my music with people around the world, and to kick off my first tour in my hometown."

I was silent for a moment, sitting at the piano. "I really wouldn't be able to do this without my fans. You guys are what fuels me to keep writing music and create an impact on the world." I smiled as I reflected on my words.

"The setlist is dedicated to you guys, my fans, and to those I love, who have pushed me to prove them wrong and to show them that I can do whatever I want if I put my mind to it."

The crowd cheered again, and I picked up my ukulele. "This first song is called 'Freckles and Constellations'." I started to strum, my fingers changing chords as the song progressed.

{Y/N}

"Freckles, and constellations

All those cute conversations

The moon is bright, giving us light

I really wanna kiss you and I think I might

Filling up our imaginations."

I thought of Sherlock and how I've always known, deep down inside, that I liked him. No one knew that the setlist was chosen on the fact that I would never be able to tell him how I felt. The songs could do it for me if he was clever enough to figure it out.

{Y/N}

"Starry eyes and galaxy minds

We'll be dancing on the clouds tonight

I'll be yours to keep just take a leap

Cause this spaceship has a passenger seat

Woah oh-oh, I'm star struck

Woah oh-oh, no gravity for us

We're intergalactic, with thoughts full of static

Woah oh-oh, I'm star-struck, for you."

I could see him out of the corner of my eye, waiting in the wings with (S/N) and John. Mrs. Hudson had somehow sneaked back there as well, moving along with the music. I thought about his ever color-changing eyes (as S/N) had pointed out many times); they were never fully green or blue, but they could hold galaxies if they wanted to.

{Y/N}

"Midnight mumbles but I'm distracted

I like the way that you reacted

A lunar eclipse at our fingertips

Never had a moment that was quite like this

My crazy world has been impacted."

I remembered when (S/N) made me go up to his apartment to ask him to play violin for me. That one, simple action had caused all these feelings. I remembered when he comforted me the night I threw Greyson's picture at the wall. How he held me. I asked him if he could teach me how to think. I chuckled a little.

{Y/N}

"Starry eyes and galaxy minds

We'll be dancing on the clouds tonight

I'll be yours to keep just take a leap

Cause this spaceship has a passenger seat

Woah oh-oh, I'm star struck

Woah oh-oh, no gravity for us

We're intergalactic, with thoughts full of static

Woah oh-oh, I'm star-struck, for you

We are so much more than space dust

A supernova couldn't break us

And we are so much more than space dust

A cosmic wonderland, of lust."

To other people, he was an alien. He was on a different plane of thinking than the rest of us, and yet he tried to help those around him think as he did; to see things as he did. That's probably why so many adored him.

{Y/N}

"Woah oh-oh, I'm star struck

Woah oh-oh, no gravity for us

We're intergalactic, with thoughts full of static

Woah oh-oh, I'm star struck

Woah oh-oh I'm star struck

Woah oh-oh, no gravity for us

We're intergalactic

Thoughts full of static

Woah oh-oh I'm star-struck

For you."

Slowly the song ended, and applause came from the crowd. I smiled softly, bowing, and I took a sip from my water. The crowd had no idea who the setlist was really about, and neither did my friends waiting in the wings.

The setlist was secretly about Sherlock.

And no one, except for (S/N), knew that I was in love with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A.N: Hello everyone! I hope you enjoyed this update to Keys and Strings! It's different from the other chapters since these "concert" ones have the full song in them to make them longer since they'd be super short without it. Plus, the reminiscing that happens in between the lyrics was fun to write. 

Also, I've written out the rest of this fanfic, but I'll be posting a chapter each day until it's fully completed. I really like how I've ended this story, and I hope you do too.

The hardest part about these next few chapters is that I have to highlight each bolded lyric line individually to center it. Why can't it be like google docs??

Feel free to comment, vote, and share with your friends! Your comments make my day a whole lot brighter knowing someone likes my writing!

Until next time,

~Em