A Non-Love Song From Nashville

"Have any of you ever been in love?" I asked the crowd. Many people shouted their answers from the crowd. "Not like the kind of love you have for your family and friends. A kind of love for another person; someone you can't live without."

Fewer people than before replied. "I've been in love," I said. "Only a couple times though. Many of you might remember my ex-boyfriend Greyson; I had to break up with him to pursue what I love doing.

"This next song is about those feelings you get when you're in love; the frustration, the anxiety about whether they like you or not. This song is called 'A Non-Love Song From Nashville'." I sat on a nearby stool, beginning the song.

{Y/N}

"Back, back

It's time to go back

To you know where

But was it fun

In the sun where you were

Stop, no

No, you're not allowed to think that

Unwire the good

Don't imagine what could have been

What a nice little holiday

Just a memory now."

The lyrics were little reminders for myself; I had to push away all the memories I had made with Sherlock over the past few weeks. I'd be gone for a few months on tour, and I couldn't be thinking about him the entire time.

{Y/N}

"You fool

How dare you trust fate!

She's not that kind

You stepped off the edge

But you didn't check where you'd fall

And now look at what you've done

Just a memory now

Shut it down

Get it into your brain

This will all just end in flames

Where's that self-control that you preach?

And now look at what we've done

Just a memory now."

These were more aimed toward him; he always was saying that sentiment was a chemical defect found on the losing side, yet lately, he's been trying to prove himself worthy again. Even if anything were to happen between us, it wouldn't work out. We'd just end up fighting in the long run.

The crowd applauded, and I discreetly wiped a tear from my cheek.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A.N: Hey guys! Sorry, this chapter is posted super late, but I've been busy working all day doing yard work and stuff. Plus, the chapter is short and I'll be posting the second to last chapter after this one.

We're slowly getting to the end, and it makes me happy and sad at the same time. I've had fun writing this story.

Please feel free to share, vote, and comment.

Until next time,

~Em