27

Misty

It's like my whole life had been changed in a blink of a eye. Sadly, this was my reality and I honestly was loosing hope. My heart ached ever day and night knowing that my daughter suffered due to her condition. No parent wants to witness their children go through pain and can't do anything to fix the issue. And with Nate not being here by our side just made everything ten times harder for me. Sometimes I wonder why I went through the things I've been through, or why I'm the one going through this. Honestly, I couldn't take my heart being broken too much longer and I just prayed I get through this storm.

"Misty!?" Chantelle called loudly as I quickly snapped out of my thoughts.

"I'm um sorry, ye-yes what is it?" I questioned clearing my throat.

"Did you hear what I said?" She asked as I shook my head sighing.

"Maybe we should take a brea-

"No! We have to finish her room-

"But Misty-

"I said no!" I yelled quickly standing to my feet as tears ran down my face.

"I - I'm sorry, it's just that -

She stood. "I know, it's okay" she hugged me

"It's not fair. Wh-why me?" I cried into her shoulder as she held me.

"I've been through hell and all this weight I'm carrying is too much Chantelle. I don't deserve half of the shit that has happened in my life! I am fucking tired of the hurting, I'm tired! I can't take it anymore!" I yelled while crying

"Trust me love, I don't know your pain but I know how it feels to carry a shit load of weight on your shoulders. But Misty, no matter how hard it gets you have to fight." She stated with tears running down her face as she looked me in my eyes. "You have a daughter fighting for her life, and your man is also fighting for his behind bars. You are their hope, you have to stay strong for them, you have to fight with them." She spoke wiping my tears as I nodded.

"Now is not the time to crumble sweetheart, you all will get through this and when you do, things will only continue to get better and better, okay"

"I hear you" I nodded wiping my tears.

"Nate called again" she said giving me a look as I sighed.

Pulling my hair back behind my ear, I shrugged and continued doing what I was doing, which was putting together this baby bed.

"I know" I said

"Why not go see him Misty. I'm pretty sure it would make him feel-

"Feel what?" I frowned

"Misty he sounded really bad on the phone, okay. All he wanted was to hear your voice. It has been almost a month now. Plus, it's wrong how you are not updating him on you and his daughter" she said before walking out.

I was left sitting in silence looking guilty as fuck as I took a deep breath.

.
.
.

Time had flew by and it was now almost five o'clock. Every since talking with Chantelle this morning, I took it into consideration to go up here to this damn shit hole Nate was in. It literally took everything in me to push myself and finally go see him. To be honest, I just couldn't take seeing him like this and still can't but it's not about me and him right now. The only reason I chose to come is because of our daughter and he deserves to know updates on his daughter as well. Visiting hours stopped around six, so I was literally rushing after checking on my store.