Taken

Missouri

The loud sound of the doorbell went off making me frown immediately. Whoever it was, was just going to have to wait.

"Damn, can't have a decent ass bath" sighing out loud.

I quickly pulled on my silk robe after climbing out and putting on my all white puma slides. Good thing I had it warm in here because I was literally dripping wet right now. Once getting down the stairs, the person rung the doorbell once again.

Knowing we had the best security, I just opened the door without asking to see who was it. My eyes widened as I looked at him, wondering why he was standing at my doorstep this time of night.

My heart started racing as I started thinking of Nate. "Fanzo, what-what are you... Is Nate -

"Oh no no no, he's fine" he held his hands up as I let out a sigh of relief.

Despite everything we are going through, he is still my lover and the father of my soon to be baby boy or girl and I wouldn't want anything happening to him. Lord knows I would flip the fuck out.

"Sorry I scared you like that baby girl" he apologized as I nodded and invited him on in.

Holding my silk robe tighter, I followed him into the living room as he took it upon himself to sit.

"I will be right back"

Having Nate's father coming to my house this time of night had my mind racing but I was going to hold it together and not get my pregnant ass worked up. After about ten minutes, I made my way back down the stairs to see Fanzo reminiscing on the phone with someone. We both looked each other in the eyes as I sat on the other end of the couch.

"How are you, sweety?" He asked once getting off the phone.

"Could be better but I'm okay. Do you mind me asking why are you here this time of night?"

It took him a good minute to speak as he rubbed over his growing beard.

"I was going to leave you out of this but my son has went on this mission-

"Mission" I frowned "What-what-

"Baby girl I'm going to need you to try stay calm-

"Fanzo no disrespect but, he's the father of this baby and I can't just stay calm" I blinked to keep from shedding tears already.

"Listen Misty he on a mission to figure out what's been going on. I, myself don't approve of this but me and you both know what he does. You weren't answering his call so he asked me to come-

I held up a hand to stop him from talking. I nodded standing to my feet, with a hand rubbing over my stomach.

"Fanzo I don't like none of this, none. I just need to know that he's going to be okay. I- I can't, I-I don't know what I'd do-

These hormones kicked in quick, I just started shedding tears as he rushed to my side to hold me. I was letting out everything, and by everything I mean all of it. Nate is my one and only true love and just even picturing life without him made me cry even harder. I needed him, I wanted my man at this moment. I needed to hear his voice but my anger toward him just will not allow me to press that call button.

After about thirty minutes almost to a hour sobbing, Fanzo had left and I found myself wrapped up with the cover and my phone right next to me. I was literally contemplating on if I should proceed in calling Nate or not. Before I could even press his name, his name flashed across the screen as I got nervous.

"Hello?" He questioned

"H-hello"

"Baby girl, listen

"No. I'm sorry, Nate-

"Baby it's okay. I'm sorry for all the shit I caused you. I should have never put my hands on you the way I did. I was angry and wasn't thinking which isn't a excuse but I would never put you and my baby in harms way. I'm truly sorry ma and-

"Yo we need to be heading out" I heard someone say in the background.

"Aye nigga I'm on the phone" Nate spoke with more base in his voice.

"Back to what-

"I get it Nate. I forgive you but if you ever think about doing some crazy shit like that ever again, I will fucking kill you myself " I spoke smiling but was serious.

"Say no more baby" he chuckled as I smiled.

"So I'm guessing pops came and talked to you already? "

I nodded as it all came back rushing to me. "Yes. Why can't you just let this go?" I begged. He sighed.

"Can't just let it go that easy baby, you think that mutha' fucka just gone let it go?" He questioned as I just sat knowing the answer to that.

"I have to get to whoever this nigga is and end it for good"

"I don't know what I'd do if we didn't have you Nate" I confessed as tears rolled down my face, sniffing.

"Ma stop crying. Everything is going to be okay, okay. Uma call you tomorrow baby, I got to go"

"I love you ma"

"Love you more"

With that, I was left with the dial tone. I just sat there taking deep breathes to calm myself down. I needed not to get all carried away for the sake of our baby. I just put the tv on low volume until I fell asleep.

____________

Nate

Loud banging immediately woke me up as I quickly grabbed my gun walking out the room. I spotted Tunchie with his metal piece in hand ready just as much as I was ready. I slowly crept up towards the door looking through the peephole. Next thing I know..............