3

"Kim Jiyeon-ssi." Ms. Lee called for her name. She stood up right away and went to the teacher's table. "You know you failed the quiz, right?"

Jiyeon nodded. "I'm sorry ma'am, I did not understand the lesson."

"What's worse is that you did not answer a single item." The teacher looked very disappointed. She sighed. "I'm sorry but I can't let you have a retake if not half of the class failed."

Jiyeon again, nodded. Pursing her lips in  a thin line. "Do better next time, arasso?"

"Ne."

Jiyeon went back to her seat, with her head down. "What did she say?" Yedam asked.

"I can't retake."

Yedam sighed. "It's okay. I'll just let myself fail." She shrugged and crossed her arms. "How can you just let yourself fail?"

"I'm used to failing, Bang Yedam. I guess you aren't."

The teacher allowed the class to have their free time so the class is a mess. "Jiyeon, can we go home together with you later?" Keita asked from her back.

"No? What the heck."

"Please? We're going to your house later!" Doyoung puts his hand together. "Why?"

"Junkyu hyung said we should watch a movie at your house later." Yedam answered with a smile. "Let's just go separate ways. I'll go with my brother."

Keita suddenly showed his phone to Jiyeon. It's a text convo with Junkyu.

------

junkyu hyung: i'll be going home
early today, so go to our house with
Jiyeon, okay? Don't let her go without
you.

keita : got it!

------

"UGH! Fine." She gave out.

"YAAY!" The three boys celebrated and even gave each other high fives. Jiyeon just wanted to go home alone if she's not coming home with her brother.

The four of them continued to talk and they did not notice that their Science teacher was not in the room anymore and their Physical Education teacher had already arrived. They were given 5 minutes to change to their proper gym uniforms before going to the gym.

"we're playing badminton today." The teacher announced, and the class got excited. They went to get each one of them one racket to play, and they got their own partners right away.

"Pikachu, I choose you!!" Yedam pointed at Jiyeon. She has no choice because she doesn't have anyone to play with, anymore. And she thinks she can now beat Yedam at this. She loves badminton so much so she can't just sit and do nothing.

"I'm not Pikachu." She rolled her eyes. Yedam laughed at her. "Hold this." She handed Yedam her badminton racket and fixed her hair. She tied it up in a messy bun which made her look prettier.

She usually puts her hair down all the time and just tie it up when she knows she'll get tired of something.

Yedam just looked at her in awe.

"I might melt, Mr. Smartie." she crossed her arm. "Give my my racket." She snatched her racket and went to her position to battle up with Yedam.

"YAH BANG YEDAM!" She yelled. It finally made Yedam go back to his senses "O-oh... sorry!"

They started playing, while the teacher goes around the gym, watching the students play.

Jiyeon is so competitive when it comes to badminton and she's already beating up Yedam. Well, he wasn't trying his best though. The score is now at 6/0. Jiyeon is obviously winning. "Yah, you are boring me. You're weak at this" She said.

"I'll play the right way now." He gave out his smirk. It's good that Jiyeon wasn't able to see that, because if she did, she might be dead now.

He started playing seriously and he started scoring up. Jiyeon found it already difficult to play with him. "That's cheating!"

"What is?"

He did another serve and it was a wrong one that he knows Jiyeon can't reach. Jiyeon should have just let the shuttlecock fall but she tried her very best to hit it, she wants to beat Yedam so bad.

Because it was far, she ran so fast to reach it and next thing Yedam saw was Jiyeon almost crying, trying to get herself up but she keeps on falling. "Jiyeon!" Yedam ran towards her and helped her up. "I-I sprained my ankle.."

"Aishh" Yedam almost cursed

"Why did you served it that far--"

"Why did you even went up to hit it?! It was far you could have just let it!"

"I should be the one who's mad!" she furrowed her eye brows. Yedam asked permission to their teacher so that he can help out Jiyeon to go to the clinic. Yedam was said to go back to the gym by the nurse and told him to come back after class.

———