11

As soon as Yedam received Junkyu's call, he hurriedly changed clothes so he can go out to find where Jiyeon is. He spammed Jiyeon with texts.

He wore his jacket and went down to tell his parents that he's going out. "Mom, Dad. I'll go meet a friend outside for a while.. she'll give me back my book i left earlier in school."

"Oh, a 'she'?" His dad asked.

His mother hit his dad and just nodded her head. "Hurry up, son. Don't be gone too long, arasso? Be safe."

"Ne~" He hurriedly went outside the house after wearing his shoes. He ran away and looked at his phone to check if Jiyeon had already replied. Just the exact time he did, she replied.

He ran fast and went to the location she sent.

He found her crying outside a convenient store. He ran up to her. "Jiyeon.."

She just can't stop crying. He patted her back. "Stop crying.. talk to me."

She looked up to him and he could see how red and swollen her eyes are because of crying. "I-I miss my *sob* my dad.." she cried even louder.

"They just c-can't understand me! T-they don't understand how *sob* how hurt I was!" She said between sobs. Yedam didn't hesitate to give her a hug. She needs it though. She needs someone to talk to and to comfort her. He wiped her tears.

"Stay here. I'll go inside for awhile.." he gave her an assuring smile. "Wait for me, arasso?" She nodded her head. Yedam went inside the convenient store and bought an ice cream for her. He went back and sat beside her.

She pouted when she saw what Yedam's holding. He gave it to her and she's still pouting. She opened it up and ate it right away. It made her feel a bit more better. She stopped crying, she focused herself from eating her ice cream.

Yedam can't help but to wipe the tears left on her face and just looked at her while eating. She's really in love with ice creams.. he thought.

After she finished eating her ice cream up, she looked at Yedam, pouting. "Okay, okay. I'll buy you another one." He said.

She giggled. Yedam went back inside with her and she picked out the same ice cream Yedam got her earlier and they went out together, feeling the cold air.

Yedam stayed silent while Jiyeon's still finishing her ice cream.

"My father died 5 years ago." She started. Yedam looked at her. "He died from cancer. I knew it 4 days after he passed away. I hated my mom for hiding it from me. I almost got mad at Junkyu but he's the one who insisted to tell me that dad had cancer but mom and dad said no."

"Wow, I never knew my dad that I looked up to the most had cancer. I feel so stupid." She looked down. "I feel so sorry for him.. I hate myself for not knowing. I hated everyone since then."

"What should I do?"

She looked at Yedam. "I'm sure your mom hid the truth to you so you didn't have to worry. Jiyeon, talk to your mom about this. Know her side. I know your dad hates seeing you like this. Your dad hates seeing you and your mom not being in good terms."

He saw tears coming out from Jiyeon's eyes. "Do it for your dad. For your dad, Jiyeon."

She wiped her face and nodded at Yedam. "Y-yea. I'll do it for my dad."

"Stop crying. I don't like seeing you like this." He hugged Jiyeon once again and patted her back.

After having a talk, Yedam decided to walk Jiyeon home. He texted Junkyu that she's with him and that he'll take her home, so they won't worry anymore.

As they walk home, Jiyeon's still thinking how to approach her mom. She's not good at this. Specially not to her mom. How can she make it up to her? Hating her mom for years, not talking to her properly, treating her properly, not respecting her. How?

-

Junkyu opened the door and his face was brighten up when he saw Jiyeon at the door, smiling at him. She gave him a hug. A tight one.

He looked at the guy who's behind her. Yedam.

"Jiyeon-ah..." Jiyeon looked at the woman who called her.

"Mom!" She ran up to her and gave her a really tight hug. The mother was surprised with what is currently happening. "I'm sorry... I'm really sorry." She burried her face on her mom's shoulder.

Junkyu looked back at Yedam. "Thank you."