Chapter 20: I knew you were trouble

Tris pov:

Whoa

Is all I can think when I walk into Ansel Elgort's party.

This is practically a stadium, it has a stage and giant crowd. Except all the people are famous! It's almost like the AMA's. I see interviewers and the news filming everything.

"Hey! Tris! How are you?!" I turn around and see Ansel Elgort standing in front of me.

"Oh Hi! I'm good... Except I don't know anyone here, well I know who they are, but I haven't actually ever met any of them." I respond.

"Well, I think I know how everyone can meet you." He says with a slight smile.

He takes me backstage and talks to a few people, then some of the women take me into a dressing room and put me into an outfit. I go back out to the backstage common area where a group of people and Ansel are standing.

"Okay Tris, I must admit, your manager wanted me to set up a performance of your new song that you recorded. He wanted you to perform it live and then release the song. So, these are your back- up dancers. While you were learning a dance over the last week, they were too. So just perform your dance and song and they will do the same around you. Good luck!" Before I can argue, Ansel walks on stage and announces me.

I walk on stage and start the song and dance.

Once upon a time a few mistakes ago

I was in your sights, you got me alone

You found me, you found me, you found me

I guess you didn't care, and I guess I liked that

And when I fell hard you took a step back

Without me, without me, without me

And he's long gone when he's next to me

And I realize the blame is on me

'Cause I knew you were trouble when you walked in

So shame on me now

Flew me to places I'd never been

'Til you put me down, oh

I knew you were trouble when you walked in

So shame on me now

Flew me to places I'd never been

Now I'm lying on the cold hard ground

Oh, oh, trouble, trouble, trouble

No apologies. He'll never see you cry,

Pretends he doesn't know that he's the reason why.

You're drowning, you're drowning, you're drowning.

Now I heard you moved on from whispers on the street

A new notch in your belt is all I'll ever be

And now I see, now I see, now I see

He was long gone when he met me

And I realize the joke is on me, yeah!

Then the most amazing thing happens; the dancers surround me and changed my dress from a long white flowing one, to a dark black short one! It happened so quickly I didn't even realize what the did until I heard the cheers from the crowd.