Chapter 17: why?

Tris pov:

"I can do this. I can do this."

I pull my hand back and knock on the door. " I can't do this. I can't do this!" I say and right as I turn around I hear the door open and I squeeze my eyes shut, scared that if I turn around and look at him, I will break down.

"Um Hello, can I help you?" He asks. His voice is so deep and husky now.

" Uh- yes, I have a few questions for you. I know these are personal questions, but I need you to be honest with me" I say, with my back still facing him."

" Um, okay, but who are you?" He asks obviously confused.

" That's not important right now. First question, are you Caleb Prior?" I ask.

" Yes"

" Where are you from?" I say.

"Chicago" he replies.

" Do you have any siblings?" I ask sucking in a breath.

" Yes. Yes I do. A sister." He says quietly.

I pause before pushing him more

"where is she? What happened to her?"

" I- she- I don't know. I don't know where she is or what happened to her." He stutters. Tears are quietly streaming down face, and I am biting my lip holding back sobs.

" W- why does any of this matter?! Who are you!?" He asks feeling obviously violated.

I take a deep breath and slowly turn around. His face contorts and look of sadness and disbelief wash over him.

"Bea- Beatrice?" He asks with tears threatening to spill.

" Caleb!" I cry and fall into his embrace.

We hold each other until I hear a soft voice say " Caleb, who is this?" And we pull apart and I see a women with short hair and glasses. Her eyes widen and she says " Your Tris!"

" Wait, your the singer my daughter and wife always talk about?!" Caleb asks surprised.

"Ya, and I'm Caleb's sister Beatrice, well Tris now." I say glancing at Caleb who's head is hanging, while I shake the woman's hand.

" Oh so your Beatrice! I'm Cara, Caleb's wife." I smile and turn to Caleb and say

" We need to talk."

I sit on his couch, he sits in the chair across from me, and Cara stands in the back of the room watching.

" Okay explain. Now." I say.

He sighs and starts " okay well let me start off with Cara used to live in Chicago, just on the opposite side of town, but let's just say, we did some stupid things and she became pregnant with our daughter, Samantha. I told mom and dad and they were very angry. Then like a week later we got in the accident. I woke up before you, and mom and dad were ashamed of me so they made me leave, and also because they didn't want me to be around you. I couldn't leave Cara with our child. So we moved here and got married."

I sigh and say, " Well at least your alive. You're the only family I have now." I say thinking of my parents, but mainly Tobias. He promised he would be my family. Even though I am mad he wouldn't believe me, I still love him.

" you're a great sister Bea." He says.

" And you're a great brother." I say smiling.

Cara then speaks up saying " I actually have a brother, but he still lives in the part of Chicago I used to live in." I smile and nod my head.

" Okay, well I have to go now, I'll see you guys soon." I say and leave.

I found my brother.

Hey initiates, THE MAZE RUNNER IS 3 Days away!!! I am so excited!

Okay so I got my second set of braces on today and I am on in so much pain! I got the ceramic ones. I have a really bad open bite so I have had to go through a lot of treatment. I have to wear these for 3 years!!! And I have worship practice tonight and I am a singer. Yay😒

QOTD: have you ever had braces? Which kind and how long?

Remember to be eaton that cake!