Kabanata 31

"Tita Agnes, can you help me?" He asked.

"Anything. How can I help you?"

"Tita, please take good care of our son. Please help me, I don't know where to start without my wife. I never expected any of these to happen. I want my wife back, Tita. So we could raise our child together."

"Don't worry. Hijo. I will. Please take good care of Kate, she is all I have."

" Of course, Tita. I will. I love her and I don't want to loose her,too. I need her, we need her back, Tita."

---------

Francis decided to stay with his wife. He doesn't want any single minute to pass without looking after her. The next 72 hours would mean so much to them.

Francis sat by his wife's bedside. He held her hand tightly, squeezing it out, trying to feel her. "Babe, please wake up. Our son needs you. We need you back. I am so sorry about everything. Everything that I did, all that I have said, please listen to me. I need you back in my life. Masyado mo akong sinanay na nandyan ka and then all of a sudden, you will leave me. At the same time, I was wondering if we could just start all over again. As if nothing happened at all. I am at my worst when you left and I don't want to even go back there again. It was so dark not having you around. I know I was a fool and I completely fucked up but God knows how much I regretted everything. The first time I met you, I knew it is going to be hard for me dahil alam ko na mahina ako sa mga kagaya mo. You were too good for me and I felt that I don't deserve you at all. My big ego ate me up and I told myself that I don't want to concede nor accept my defeat to you. You were too patient and loving that's why I really fell for you despite my effort not to acknowledge my feelings for you. Please fight for us, Babe. I want you back in my life. Please wake up soon, love."

-----
Kinabukasan...

"Babe, good morning." How are you? Hope you had a good sleep. It has been how many hours since you started sleeping. Please wake up soon, my love. I miss you. I miss hearing your voice, saying sweet nothings to me. Wake up, Mrs. Monreal." I will just go to the toilet to refresh. I will be back soon." sabay hinalikan ang asawa sa pisngi nito.

Francis went out of the ICU room and immediately have gone to the comfort room to have his morning relief.

While on his way back to the room, hindi mawari ni Francis kung bakit nagkakagulo ang mga medical staff. He just then realized kung saan pumupunta ang mga tao.

" Oh, Shit! Noooo!" sabay lakad takbo si Francis.

"Kate?!"

" I am so sorry, Sir. You are not allowed to enter!"

"Whuat?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CANNOT ENTER?! ARE YOU SERIOUS? MY WIFE IS INSIDE AND I NEED TO SEE HER! DO YOU GET THAT?!"

" I am so sorry, Sir. I cannot let you enter. SOP! We know what we are doing! You need to calm down and will do the work that we need."

"HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO CALM DOWN?!"

"Sir, please?! Just trust us!" PLEASE!

Walang nagawa si Francis kung di ang mag hintay nalang. Maghintay at magdasal.

"Lord, please save my wife." We cannot lose her."