Kabanata 49

After that night, the days went by so quickly. Francis was so determined to leave his father's wings just to be with family. No matter how hard Kate tried to convince him, Francis seems to be decided as well on what to do.

Francis POV
I actually couldn't understand why Kate is still convining me not to leave the company. I am willing to leave everything behind so I could live life with them peacefully. It's been long enough since I decided to dedicate my life in the company and even to my parents. I was always thankful to them for everything. I am thankful that I get to have a decent life while I was growing up and even after college. I had a good position in the company to begin with until such time that I am able to lead some of the businesses.

When I was younger I got into several relationships including the one's with Bettina and Vannie. Those were the days that I was so new in relationships and I really had a hard time prioritizing my personal life and the responsibilities I have in the company.
Again, because of business related matters, I had to end my relationship with them. Then, Kate came along. When she came into my life, I was so determined to make her life miserable. I have thought of destroying her whichever way possible since she broke my singleness. I had to marry her despite not knowing her personally, not even a bit. During that time, Dad got into agreement with Tito Ron, Kate's father. They decided to wed us under each family's condition. As for Dad, he wanted me to settle down so I would stop messing around with women. Dad knew about my flings despite my relationship with Vannie. So Dad decide to wed me with his friend's daughter who happened to be indebted with some amount of money from one of our companies. Since they were friends, Dad got into agreement with Tito Ron to have Kate as collateral for the unpaid collective dues from our company. Out of desperation, Tito Ron agreed to it under the condition that we shall only be married for two years. Then, I met Kate during the wedding. Yes, you read it right, only on our wedding day. I never imagined that I would give up everything I have for her. Kate is actually a good person. She has a decent and great personality. Her kindness, love and passion made my heart melt. Kaya when Dad lost being civil with her, nawalan na ako ng gana. She doesn't deserve how she was treated. The last incident triggered my patience and well-being. After all the challenges had gone through, I know that my relationship with Kate is worth fighting for. If this kind of sacrifice would be enough then I can say that I am willing to leave all behind just to be with her and my son. I cannot afford to let go of them. Mas kakayanin ko na magsimula ulit sa trabaho and sa business basta kasama ko ang pamilya ko. Without them, hindi ko alam kung nanaisin ko pang magpatuloy sa buhay.

Francis decided to submit his resignation to his father. His father being the Chairman of the Group of Companies.

Upon receipt of his resignation letter ay agad pinatawag si Francis ng kanyang ama sa opisina nito at agad naman niya itong pinuntahan.

Sa loob ng opisina ay nagsimulang magsalita ang matanda.

"Francis, ano ito? What is this for?" Tanong ng ama ni Francis.
"Dad, malinaw naman yung nakalagay sa letter. Pakisabi nalang and by the way, it is irrevocable." Sagot ni Francis sa ama.

"Dahil ba ito kay Kate? Ano na naman ang sinabi niya sayo para magdecide ka ng ganito?!"

"Dad, spare her for this. Wala syang kinalaman sa mga decision ko. For once, I want to stand for I believe is right. Kung patuloy nyo kami paghihiwalayin ni Kate, hindi na ako papayag. If I have to choose them over you and the company, I am so sorry Dad but I am choosing to be a better man for my wife and child. If choosing them would be of you leaving you and so this place then so be it." Sagot ni Francis sa ama.

"Do you love her that much? Are you sure?" Balik na tanong ng ama ni Francis.

"Yes, Dad. I love her. I learned to love her. I cannot imagine another day without her. Yung ginawa nyo sa amin was so unbearable. Para sa relationship naming dalawa at lalo na sa pamilya namin. Now, we are back to strangers again because of the annulment. How should we go on, Dad. Kawawa naman ang anak ko." Nardam ng ama ni Francis ang bigat ng kanyang saloobin.

"Anak, you don't have to leave. Don't get me wrong. The truth is you are still married with your wife."

"What, Dad? How come? Meron na kaming result sa annulment from the court." Sabi ni Francis.

"Anak, actually I seeked for your Ninong Ben's help. Ang sabi ko sa kanya, gusto ko lang makita talaga kung hanggang saan ka. I want you to prove that you have changed for the better. Nag iisang anak kita na lalaki, Francis and I want to see you in a better position before I retire. Gusto ko makita na lumagay ka sa tahimik ng kusa. The reason why I did all these is because I felt guilty knowing that I had to force you to be in a marriage. Masaya ako na marinig mula sayo na mahal mi na talaga sya. After all, that's what we have wanting. Anak, all I want is the best for you. Everything was just a test. Hindi totoo na annuled kayo because hindi naman talaga nai.process ang papers nyo. I was all about my connections and your Ninong's work."

Emotional na si Francis habang nakikinig sa ama.

"Dad, you don't know how happy I am now knowing that you are still on my side despite everything and I am still married with my wife. Thank you, Dad." Lumapit si Francis sa ama at yumakap dito.

"Go home for now, Son. Share the good news to your wife," nakangiting sabi ng ama ni Francis.

Next update will be the final chapter.
Hope you could still read my next story which will be posted before I post Chapter 50 of His Unwanted Wife.