Kabanata 32

Hindi lubos maisip ni Francis ang gagawin habang nagkakagulo ang mga doktor at nurse sa loob ng ICU. Nagmistulang slow motion ang lahat ng mga nangyayari. Pero isa lang ang sentro ng kanyang atensyon, kailangan nyang makausap ang mga doktor upang masiguro ang kalagayan ng kanyang asawa.

"Mr. Monreal?"

" Yes, doc.?"

"May I have a word with you?"
Please follow me.

"Please, take a seat."

"Mr. Monreal"

"Doc, Francis"

"Francis, I won't beat around the bush. The good news is your wife has got a lot better since the day she gave birth"

" Thank God! I  would like to see her now."

" That is the bad news. I am afraid that won't be possible"

"Why?"

" Before I got out of the room, she made clear to me that she doesn't  want to see you. I don't know your story and I don't have any intentions of knowing it. What I can assure you now is that she is now out of danger. No need worry about her. Please, hear her out. She may be out of danger but she hasn't recovered yet and the stress from seeing you might not be that helpful in her case."

"You are asking me to stay away from my wife, Doc?"

"Yes, I am." Actually, she doesn't want to see anyone. Even her aunt and son"

"What happened to her, doc?"

"That's for us to figure out. Let her stay with us for a while. Will give you updates from time to time."

"I understand, doc. Thank you. Please take care of her".

Nang araw din na iyon ay inilipat na si Kate sa isang private room. Tanda ng pagkabuti ng kalagayan niya.