Chapter 1

A shadow ducked in between the trees, flying as fast as its little wings could take it.

"C-Chinami!" The small figure cried sobbed, stuttering. "Why did you leave m-me?!"

"Sorano, I'm at the waterfall. I didn't leave you." a soothing voice laughed through the forest.

The small figure flew to the right and as soon as it broke through the tree line it floated to the ground and its wings disappeared. It landed on the ground with a thud and a yelp. Standing up from the ground and dusting off her clothes was a small female exceed with dark blue fur covering her body. Her red sleeveless dress reached her knees, and large black glasses covered most of her face. Once the small exceed was done brushing off her dress she headed towards the edge of the lake. Standing under the tall waterfall was a female figure with long hair that reached her knees.

"Chinami, what are you doing?" the little exceed, Sorano, yelled over the roar of the waterfall. The figure turned..

"Give me a second Sorano I can barely hear you." the long haired girl, Chinami, yelled back. She turned and dove off the rock she was standing on. She swam to the edge, then two hands came up from the water and she placed them on the edge of the lake, pulling herself up. She stood on the rock straight up showing off her curvy figure. On her stomach right under her belly button was a blue guild mark. The guild mark was the silhouette of a phoenix with wings raised high above its body and ending on both sides of her belly button. The phoenix's head was raised and the tip of its beak just touched the bottom of her belly button.

Chinami had long and very light blue hair, with spiky bangs hanging over her eyes . Her eyes were a dull silver, clouded over because of her blindness.

"I asked what were you doing?" Sorano asked quietly.

"I was taking a shower. You know how I prefer to shower here rather than at the guild hall." Chinami said as she fell into a crouch with her knees pulled up to her chest.

"Y-you could just take one at the guild hall. It's dangerous cause of your condition."

"Sorano, you know better than anyone that I'm a pretty strong wizard. I can take care of myself."

"Of course, Chinami you're the strongest wizard there is!" Sorano shouted with admiration before looking down at her feet. "I just don't want you to get hurt."

"Sora, trust me I'll be fine." she said while she rubbed the head of her exceed partner.

"Now, let me get dressed and we can head back to the guild hall, Taki's probably worried." Chinami said, walking towards a tree that stood in the middle of the clearing, its branches dipped towards the ground. Chinami grabbed the clothes hanging on a branch before hiding behind the tree.

A few minutes later she walked out with a tight blue top on that stopped just under her rib cage and had straps that crossed over her chest, making an x shape. On her feet were tall black boots that reached her knees, along with a pair of tight black pants. 

"Let's head back Sora."

--------------------------------------------------------------

After Chinami and Sorano left the clearing and walked through the forest they reached Makinomi, a town located in the kingdom of Fiore. It was small secluded town circled by a large forest, with a grand total of one train station. It took the two only twenty minutes to get from side of the village to the other. All the way to their small guild hall. 

Looming in front of them was their tall guild hall, looking like an oversized tree house with branches weaving in and out, holding up the building. All the way up the hill towards the doors of the building was a stone path. Along the path and the front of the guild hall was a large variety of different flowers. Above the doors was a large sign that had the guild's symbol painted in red on it, around the symbol were several different coloured hand prints with names written underneath. Standing out bellow the sign was the guild name; Phoenix Talon.

Just as Chinami placed her hand on one of the brass door handles, she and Sorano heard a furious voice yell out from behind them.

"Where the hell have you two been!?" both girls cringed at the voice.

"Taki calm down, I went down to the waterfall and Sorano came looking for me." Chinami said in a calm voice as she and Sorano turned around. Standing behind them was Taki, a gray colored exceed. She wore a black shirt with no sleeves or back, showing off her small dark purple guild mark that stood proudly on her back. Taki's dark blue pants were tied tight at her ankles and waist with black ribbon. Over her should was a quiver filled with black arrows and a black bow was strapped to her back with its string over her chest.

"NO, it's not all right. I wake up from my nap to find both you and Sorano nowhere to be found." the small exceed replied angrily.

"Ahh, Taki's mad!" Sorano shrieked while jumping behind Chinami's leg, grabbing it in a death grip and stuffing her furry face into it.

"Aw, were you worried Taki." the blind mage said teasingly, ignoring the small cat clutching her leg.

"N-no." Taki said and looked away avoiding eye contact with her friends. Chinami just stood there with a smirk on her face, staring into the air, as Sorano released her grip on the mages leg, peeking out to stare at her best friend.

"Fine I was worried. I know how clumsy Sorano is. Just stop it with the looks woul..." Taki started only to be cut off by Sorano, who ran forward to hug Taki only to trip on a rock and body slam her into the ground. Sorano who was used to tripping and falling like that just laughed into Taki's stomach

"Get off me idiot!" Taki yelled pushing Sorano off before standing and turning to a laughing Chinami. "See what I'm talking about." This only caused Chinami to laugh harder. "Why did I have to be stuck with you two, an annoying exceed and an even more annoying Dragon Slayer."

"Come on let's go, inside guys it's getting late." Chinami giggled, turning around and opening the guild hall doors.