Chapter Twelve

Thanks for 4.4k reads!! <3

I was in the bathroom face timing Louis while doing my hair. We were talking about random things, "So, guess what?" I say, brushing my wild hair. "What?" He asks with a sad tone. "We can--"

"No wait, don't tell me, cause I think I already know." He states, I arch my brows. "Really?" I put my hair in one low bun, then I put my hat on. "We can't..." He starts and cringes, not wanting to finish the sentence, "We can't..be together." He frowns at me, but I smile at him, "Nope, you're wrong. We can stay together!" His eyes widen for a second, "Really!? Are you serious?" He asks, his frown turning into a big smile. "Yes, I'm serious." I tell him happily. "H-how? I thought I'd lose you, Clem."

"I thought I'd lose you too, let me explain what happened." While I was telling him everything, I walked into the kitchen and made a bowl of cereal. I woke up earlier than usual, so no one was awake. I sat down at the kitchen table with my cereal in front of me, then placed my phone against the cereal box, "Then my parents were telling me the rules. The first rule is that I need to be home by 9:30pm, the second rule is if I want to go over to your house, or you want to come to mine, we can only be there for two hours." I explain, "Rule number three is--" I quickly stop myself. Louis looks at me suspiciously and opens his mouth to say something. "Don't ask." I tell him, my face turning red. He notices my red face and smirks, "Now I really want to know what you were going to say." I cover my face, sheepishly. "No, you really don't. Forget about the third rule!"

"Okay okay." He sighs. I eat my cereal in silence while Louis shoots glances at me every now and then, trying to figure out the third rule. "You know, I can tell you're still thinking about it. You don't need to, honestly."

"Well yeah, I don't need to, but I want to. It would be easier if you would just tell me." He says with a wink, I laugh, "Ha ha, very funny. But no." I hear him curse under his breathe, and I chuckle. I pour some more cereal into my bowl and begin to eat. I hear Louis gasp, and look at me. Oh no..I think he figured it out. I look back at him, "People usually blush over intimate or embarrassing things, and I have a feeling that the third rule was a bit of both." Louis says to himself, putting his fingers on his chin. "So, I'm guessing..." he starts and looks at me intently, "It was something..sexual?" He says with a smirk, but it sounded more like a question than an answer. My face turns even redder, "Louis!" I shout, even more embarrassed. "Ah ha! I was right wasn't I?!" He yells, grinning like crazy. "I have to go!" I abruptly say, ending the call.

I sigh in relief. I already know he's going to be bug me all day about the third rule. I put my phone in my back pocket, then grab the box of cereal and put it on top of the fridge. Lastly, I put my cereal bowl in the sink and walk to the front door. I grabbed my backpack that sat next to the front door and put it on, leaving the house.

~~~

I was in third period, jotting down notes. Ever since I got to the school I've been avoiding Louis.If I see Louis walking the same direction as me, I'd quickly run the other way, hoping he didn't see me. I just can't face him because of what happened this morning. Every now and then my cheeks would turn red from me thinking about him in a sexual way, and each time that happened I would have to quickly focus on something else.

My phone buzzes a couple of times in my back pocket. I jump, getting started, and grab my phone.

Louis: Where were you this morning?

Louis: What happened to my hug and kiss? :(

I immediately felt bad, frowning I reply:

Clementine: I'm sorry, Lou. I didn't want to be late for class.

Clementine: xoxo

I put my phone away and listen to what the teacher was saying.