Chapter Seven

Thanks for 2.3k reads! <3

After school, at Minerva and Sophie's house.

Sophie and Minerva were in their kitchen doing their homework. Ever since they got home, Sophie hasn't been her usual talkative and happy self, she's been silent and distant and Minerva noticed a change in her personality instantly. They sat across from each other in complete silence, Minerva glancing at Sophie every other minute. She watched as Sophie roughly wrote on her homework, her face blank. "Did something happen at school? Do I need to kick someone's a--"

"No." Was all she said, as she continued to roughly write on her paper. "Come on, Sophie. Tell me what's going on, I want to know so I can help you."

Minerva waited a few minutes for a response but Sophie wouldn't budge. "Sophie, this is the last time I'm going to ask..what's going on?" She asked, growing impatient. There still wasn't a response. Groaning in annoyance, Minerva stood up, reached over to Sophie and snatched her pencil out of her hand. Giving each other eye contact, Minerva snapped her pencil in half and threw the broken pieces onto the floor.

Sophie gawked at her, and Minerva sighed deeply. "I'm losing my patience. I don't know if you're angry or sad or.." she paused, trying to calm herself down, "ugh, just tell me what's going on..okay?"

Sophie nodded, Minerva sighed in relief and sat back down. "Did you know that Louis and Clementine are dating?" Sophie muttered, Minerva arched her brows in confusion, "No, how long have they been dating for?"

"Only a couple of hours.."

"Okay? So, why are you acting...not you?"

"Remember in fourth grade I told you that I had a major crush on Louis?"

"Yeah, and you were begging me not to tell him, because you wanted to do it yourself."

Sophie sighed, hesitant to tell Minerva this part. "Right..and when I told him..he didn't say anything, he just stared at me and told me he had to go."

Minerva's eyes widened, "But...you told me that he liked you. Sophie! Why would you lie to me!"

Sophie flinched, her voice going high pitched, "I didn't mean to--"

"You didn't mean to lie to me!? Come on, that's bullshit and you know it!" Minerva yelled, Sophie flinched again.

"I-I'm sorry..."

"Apology unaccepted!" She slammed her hand against the table, Sophie's eyes widened. "Calm down Minerva...you're still angry over the breakup between you and Violet, and it's showing."

Minerva's eyes widened in realization, "Shit, I-I'm sorry...I didn't mean to get so angry." She mumbled, trying her best to calm herself down. Afterwards, they both sat in silence until they finished their homework, and they both kept glancing at each other.

"I've liked Louis ever since we were in fourth grade." Sophie said, putting her finished homework in her backpack. "And I'm sorry that I lied to you about something so stupid, I'm also sorry for shutting you out earlier. It's just that when Louis and Clementine were telling everyone about how they became a couple, it surprised me. I was shocked and a bit heartbroken, only because I've liked him for so long, and...and.."She chuckled while tears fell onto the table, one by one.

"Why am I crying over a guy that doesn't even like me?" She muttered to herself as more tears streamed down her face and landed onto the table. "Because you have strong feelings for him, and it's going to be hard for those feelings to go away Sophie, trust me."

"It feels like Clementine came out of know where and took him from me."

"He was never yours in the first place, Sophie. I know it sucks, but it's life, and this happens to people all the time. Louis and Clementine have been friends for almost as long as you and him have been, and sadly, he doesn't like you like that." Minerva explained to Sophie. Sophie wiped away her tears and sighed.

"I understand all of that, but...what if I don't want these feelings I have for him to go away?" Sophie asked, while Minerva just looked at her oddly.

"Wait..what? Sophie--"

"Never mind." Was all she said, as she quickly grabbed her backpack and went to her room,  leaving Minerva confused.

A/N: This chapter is a short one, but what do you guys prefer? Long or short chapters?

I was outside earlier and this guy told me that I was cute but not. Thanks for the backhanded compliment lmao.

Question of the day: If you could only feel three emotions for the rest of your life, what would those three emotions be?

My answer: Happiness, excitement, and motivated.