Chapter Sixteen

Thanks for 6.5k reads! <3

Friday - The day of Sophie's party - 4:25pm

Louis didn't talk to me at all today. I texted him numerous times, but he would only read them. I'm not going to give up though, so I'm going to call him. I take out my phone and dial his number, waiting for him to answer. "Please leave a message after the beep." I sigh, "Hey Louis, I know you're against me going to this party, but I have to. I'd rather go than you." I end the call, then walk to my closet and pull out a cream colored dress with clementine's all over them. I don't usually like to wear dresses, but it's a party so I might as well dress up. Once I put the dress on, I put on a pair of high top sneakers. I then walk to the bathroom and look at myself, doing random poses at the mirror. I then wet my hair to make it even more curlier than it already is, then I put my hair into two small pigtails.

I look at myself in the mirror again. Maybe I should add some makeup? I go into my mother's room and look through her makeup drawer, I grab some mascara and eyeliner. I know how to use mascara, but I heard eyeliner is tricky. I go back to the bathroom and put on mascara, which made my eyelashes pop. Now the scary part, eyeliner. I carefully and steadily put it on, trying my best not to make my hand shake. Once I'm done with the first eye, I look in the mirror. "Hmm, it's not too bad, I guess." I do the next eye, and head back to my room. I put my hat on, and sigh. I'm finally finished, with some time to spare.

Since I don't have to leave until later to head to the party, I go into the kitchen to get a snack. My mom was in the kitchen making dinner. "How do I look?" I ask from behind my mom, she stops stirring whatever was in the pot and turns to me, her eyes widened. "You look amazing, Clementine!" She tells me, placing her hands on my shoulders, "You look so much older with makeup on, and you did a good job for your first time." She smiles at me, I smile back. "Thanks mom, what are you making for dinner?" I ask, grabbing a snack. "One of your favorites, spaghetti." I watch her stir the homemade spaghetti sauce, I breathe in the nice smell. Sadly, I'm not going to be able to eat until after the party. "Could you save me some spaghetti? And make sure that AJ and dad doesn't eat it all." She nods, focusing on cooking.

I leave the kitchen and head to the living room to go see AJ. "Hey, Kiddo." AJ was sitting on the floor drawing. I knelt down next to him, watching him draw. I squint my eyes, trying to make out the drawing. "I'm drawing you, mom, dad, and me." He states, "Ah, okay." I watch him draw a stick figure and then drew a hat on top of the stick figures head. He went on to draw himself, but he stopped and eyed me. "What are you all dressed up for?"

"I'm going to a party, and before you ask, no you can't come." He groans, "Why not? I want to go to a party. They're probably really fun." I shake my head, "You're too young to go to a party, just wait till you're older." He turns away from me and continues to draw, mumbling some things under his breathe. I check the time, it's 4:56pm, I should get to the party. I ruffles AJ's hair then stand up and walk to the front door, "I'm heading out now, mom! I'll see you soon. Bye, Kiddo." AJ, still focused on drawing, just waves goodbye. "Alright, sweetie, have fun!" I hear my mom yell from the kitchen. I smile and leave the house.

***

I finally make it to Sophie and Minerva's house, panting heavily. Walking to places isn't the best option, but I'm only 15, I can't drive yet. I take a few deep breathes, then walk to their front door and ring the doorbell. While I was waiting, I could hear people loudly talking from inside, there was music blaring, which I nodded my head to. My heart beats fast, the reason why I'm here finally sinking in. I close my eyes and take a deep breathe, trying to calm my heart. I hear the door unlock and I open my eyes. The door swings open, revealing Sophie. She was wearing a light pink strapped dress that was a couple of inches above her knees, with pink flats to match. Her hair was in a big neat bun, and she was wearing nude colored makeup and pink colored lip gloss. "Hey, Clementine! Welcome!" She smiles at me, "You look amazing!" I put on a fake smile, "Haha, thanks Sophie. You look great, too." She arches a brow, "Where's Louis?" Of course she want's to know where Louis is. I contain my smile, "He uh...couldn't make it. Sorry." She frowns, putting her hands into fists, I eye her carefully.

She sighs, her frown turning into a smile, "It's alright, come on in!" She steps aside and I walk inside, for a second I saw her smile turn into a glare. My eyes widen, looking at all the people. There has to be at least 50 people at this party. There was bright colored lights flashing, and everyone was dancing to the loud music with red solo cups in their hands. I looked around the crowded room, trying to find someone I recognize. Unable to find my friends, I squeezed through the crowd of people, apologizing here and there. Once I made it out of the dancing and drunk crowd, I headed towards the kitchen. There was a couple of people in the kitchen just hanging out while drinking and eating food out of bowls that were placed on the kitchen counter.

I look around the room until I see Marlon talking to Brody. Marlon was wearing what he usual wears, but instead of his letterman jacket being red, it was black. I tap his shoulder and he turns to me, his cheeks red. "Clemmy Clem, you made it!" He shouts, putting his arm around my shoulders, pulling me in for a hug. Clemmy Clem? What is up with people giving me the weirdest nicknames? I hug him back, "Yup, since I'm here, you can be my 'bodyguard', right?" I question he smiles, "Of course, Clem!" He shouts, I hear Brody sigh loudly. "I don't think he can be your 'bodyguard', Clementine." She tells me, grabbing Marlon's hand. I look at her confusingly, "Why not?" She places her hand on the side of her face, so Marlon won't be able to read her lips, "He's drunk." She mouths, my eyes widen. "What? When did he arrive here?" I fold my arms, glaring at Marlon. He looks at me, confused, "What? Why do you look so grumpy?" He slurs, "You're drunk." I state, he laughs loudly, causing a couple of people to look at us weirdly. "Pssh, no I'm not, who told you that?" He asks, slurring on his words. I roll my eyes, ignoring him. "He got here about 45 minutes ago. He's not as drunk as he usually is, but I don't want it to get worse, so I'm going to take him home, sorry Clementine." I shake my head, not wanting her to apologize. "It's not your fault, so don't apologize." She nods, pulling Marlon out of the kitchen.

"I don't want to go hooooome!!" I hear Marlon shout from in the hallway, "You're drunk, so we're leaving, deal with it!" Brody snaps. I sigh annoyingly, Louis did tell me that Marlon get's very drunk at parties, so what was I expecting? I grab a solo cup from off the counter and walk to the punch bowls, one drink was red and the other was blue. My eyes switch from one to the other, not knowing which one to pick. I'm guessing the red one is fruit punch, and the blue one is like some type of blueberry drink? "I finally found you, Clementine. I was trying to find you so I could give you your drink!" I hear a high pitched voice say. I sigh and turn around, already knowing who it is. Sophie was smiling, holding a cup in front of her, I take the cup and look in it to see what color she chose for me. She chose blue, "Thanks, Sophie." I take a sip of the drink, "It doesn't taste too bad, but the after taste is odd."  I say, Sophie looks at me oddly, "Really? There was no odd after taste when I drunk it." She shrugs, I take another sip, the after taste still tasting odd, but I shrug it off. "Have you seen Violet?"

"Yeah, her and Minerva are outside in the back talking."

"Thanks." I wave goodbye, leaving the kitchen and heading outside to the back. It was getting dark outside, and a bit chilly. But I made it to the backyard, I saw Violet and Minerva laying in the grass, looking up at the sky, chatting about something. "Hey Violet, her Minerva." Violet sit's up quickly, recognizing my voice, she turns to me. "Clem? What are you doing here, I thought you were going to stay home."

"Nah, I decided to come." Her and Minerva stood up, Violet folded her arms. "I don't think you should be here, Clem. I don't want Sophie to do something bad to you." Minerva nods in agreement, "Well, I'd rather Sophie do her scheme on me than on Louis." Violet and Minerva look at me oddly, I casually take another sip of my drink. "So, you're telling me that you came to this party just so Sophie could do whatever she's going to do to you and not to Louis? You're such an idiot sometimes." She says, annoyingly. "You're being so naive."

"How am I--"

She cuts me off, "Just forget it, do what you want. I've already tried to warn you." It was silent for a couple of seconds until Minerva said: "What color juice are you drinking?"

"Blue, why'd you ask?"

She looks at the ground, "No reason, I was just curious to know, that's all." I drink the last bit of the juice, and my stomach starts to hurt a bit, but I ignore it. "Anyways, it's nice seeing you, Clem. Me and Violet have to get back to our conversation, right Vi?" Violet nods, and they walk off, leaving me outside.

Question of the day: Would you rather drink the blue juice or the red juice?

My answer:  ;)