Chapter Seventeen

Thanks for 6.8k reads! <3

I've been at this party for about an hour or so, and it's pretty fun. When I was done a cup of blue juice, Sophie would get me some more. I thought it was odd at first, but I guess she's just being nice, right? I think I've drunken about 4 or 5 cups of the blue juice. Luckily, nothing has happened to me yet, so was what Sophie said an act to scare us or something?

 I was dancing in the crowded living room, the music blaring loudly. I moved my body to the beat of the music, dancing with my cup in my hand. I took a sip, cringing at the nasty but addictive taste. I continued to dance until I started to feel woozy, so I sat down on a nearby couch. I closed my eyes, waiting for my head to stop spinning. Once my head stopped spinning, I looked around the room. Violet and Minerva were standing a couple of feet away from me, talking. Aasim and Ruby were dancing wildy, and Brody was sitting by herself in a corner drinking water while watching people dance and walk around. I decide to talk to Brody, since everyone else was doing their own thing. I stood up, instantly getting dizzy, and walked towards Brody, which was a struggle because I kept wobbling to one side.

I sit next to Brody, still dizzy, but I take another sip of the juice. "What are you doing here all alone?" I ask, this time taking a larger sip of my drink. She was hugging her legs, tightly, then she turned to me. "I should be asking you the same question, usually you're either with Violet, Marlon, or Louis." She explains, "Well, Violet is talking to Minerva and I don't want to interrupt them. Marlon is at home, drunk, and Louis decided not to come, so I'm on my own." I tell her, she sighs deeply, "What's on your mind?"

"Marlon, he's on my mind. I like him a lot, and...I want to be his girlfriend and all, but I think he only sees me as a friend, nothing more, nothing less." I frown, feeling bad for her. "I-I mean..." She starts, trying to explain her feelings, "Everyone just want's me to spit it out and just tell him, but I'm too scared to. He's one my closest friends; what if I tell him that I like him and he rejects me and we'll grow apart? Ugh..just even saying that scares me. I want our relationship to grow into something more, but...fuck, fuck, fuck!" She hides her face with her hands, breathing heavy. I place my hand on her shoulder, "Hey, calm down..if you like him, I think you should go for it. I know you're nervous to confess, but that's normal. I'm not saying you have to confess to him now or anything, but just wait till you're ready."

She removes her hands from off her face, and looks at me. "I wish I could be like you, Clem. You're so outgoing and confident, and I'm a nervous wreck." She looks at her feet, frowning. "Hey, don't beat yourself up. You're--" I wince, my stomach churning. I place my hand on my stomach, groaning. "You okay, Clementine?" I hear Brody ask, "My stomach just started hurting out of nowhere, but I'll be okay, I think." I look up at Brody, her face looking blurry. I squint my eyes, "Why do you look blurry?" I mumble, still holding my aching stomach. "I look blurry to you? A-are you okay, Clementine? You were just fine a couple of seconds ago." I didn't respond, instead I place my hand over my mouth, quickly standing up. Luckily the stairs were right in front of me, so I ran as fast as I could upstairs, not wanting to puke on anyone.

I hear Brody call out my name, but I ignore her. Once I made it all the way upstairs, I quickly look around, there were four rooms and they were all closed, so I have to guess which one is the bathroom. I went to the left, I opened the door but I'm guessing that was their parent's room. I go to the second door, but that was Tenn's room. I went to go open the next door but it was too late, I puked on the floor, while clutching my stomach. I hear footsteps rush up the stairs, and I fall to the ground, landing on my knees. I puke again, this time all over myself. My head was spinning, I was out of breathe, and I was too tired to move. "Clem!" I hear Violet yell, getting closer to me. I feel Violet lift me up, then I here her gag harshly. She takes my arm, and wraps it around her shoulder, walking me towards the stairs.