Chapter Two

I watch as Louis walks away, leaving me confused. I sigh as I head to Math class.

Once I'm in class I walk to my seat; which is behind Violet, and then I put on my purple hoodie.  I then start to do the warm up on the board, as Mr. Rhodes walks to each table, collecting our homework. As I'm doing my warm up, me and Louis' conversation kept repeating in my head.

"I'm glad you brought a hoodie with you. Put it on when you get in class, okay?"

"But-"

"Just do it, please."

I'm still trying to understand why he wanted me to put my hoodie on. It's not like I'm showing anything special, it's literally just my stomach. I shrug as I continue to do my warm-up.

                                                                             ***

I'm finally out of math class, so I gather all my books and put them inside my locker. As I'm walking down the hall, I see Louis and Violet by there lockers. I watch as Violet crosses her arms and does what Louis likes to call: a full body eye roll. I smile as I walk up to them, "You guys ready for lunch?" I ask as Louis looks at my zipped up purple hoodie and smiles.

She grimaced, "No, not really. School lunch tastes like shit." Violet complained as I chuckled a bit. "How do you know what shit tastes like, Violet?" Louis asks playfully as she punched him on his shoulder, "Shut up, Idiot."

Louis rubbed his shoulder and gave Violet a mean look. "Is that all you got? That was the weakest punch ever!" He tells her as he laughs. Violet sighs angrily as she puts up her middle finger and glares at him.

We continued to walk down the long hallway, not saying a word. As I was walking, I noticed that Louis kept glancing at me. I tried my best to ignore it, but it was getting annoying. "Is there something you want to say?" I ask him, as he jumps slightly; a bit startled and surprised that I noticed him staring. He smiles and gets closer to me. I look at him, a bit confused, as he places his hand on my shoulder and brings his lips towards my ear. "Yeah, erm...thanks for doing what I asked." He whispers softly in my ear, as I shiver. He notices me shiver and smirks like he had just accomplished something.

I playfully push him away from me, as he chuckles. He's the only person who knows that I shiver when someone whispers in my ear. You're probably wondering why the hell he knows that, and I'm going to tell you.

A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO

AJ wanted to go to the park with Tenn. But I didn't have Minerva's or Sophie's numbers. So, I asked Violet if she could call Minerva (her ex) for me. She was really hesitant about it, but since she's an awesome friend, she called Minerva and Minerva said sure.

And about an hour later I got a text from an unknown number, but I could tell who it was.

Minerva: Hey, Clementine. Sophie, Tenn, and I will meet you at the park tomorrow at 11:30am.

Clem: Alright. See you there!

So, the next day me and AJ got ready to go to the park. Once we were ready to go, my parents drove me to the park. We got there a bit early so I sat on a nearby bench and watched AJ play on the playground. A couple of minutes had gone by, and I received a text from Minerva.

Minerva: We're going to be a bit late. Some things came up. Srry :/

I didn't respond. I just sat there and waited...and waited..and waited. After about an hour of playing, AJ sat next to me and waited with me.

AJ was getting annoyed and sad because he didn't think they were going to show up. I kept telling him not to worry and that they were going to show up, but I knew that was a lie.

"Ugh, this is lame! Let's go home, there's no point in waiting." AJ shouted. "Calm down, kiddo. It's okay if they don't make it. We can always do this another tim-"

"No, it's not okay! Minerva said she was going to be a BIT late. Not fucking two hours late! If she didn't want to come, then she should've said something" He yelled as he put his hands into fists.

"Alvin Jr., what did I tell you about cursing!? You need to calm down and just breathe. I'm sure there's a  good explanation to this, okay?" I told him as he put his head down. He slowly breathed in and out. "Sorry.." He muttered as he placed his head on my shoulder. "It's okay, buddy. I'm sorry for shouting at you."

"It's okay, I deserved it."  He told me as he watched the swing that he was playing on earlier, rock back and forth.

Me and AJ sat in silence. I closed my eyes, rested my head on AJ'S head, and listened to the birds chirping and the cool wind whistling. "Let's just wait a little longer..." I muttered as I fell asleep.

A/N: I've been busy with school and some other things. So, I'm sorry that you guys had to wait so long for another chapter!! I know this chapter is short so sorry for that also! What do you think is going to happen next? Whoever guesses correct or is close to the answer will get a shoutout ;)

Question of the day: Have you ever broken a bone?

My answer: No, but I've sprained my pinky finger, and it hurt like hell ;(