Chapter 1:

I was sitting outside in a park, under a tree reading for fun when I got a text from my friend. I marked the chapter where I was took out my phone and read the text.

Alextheidiot
'Hey where are you?'

Chloethestar
'At the park. Why?'

Alextheidiot
'You're close by! Come to the HAC (Hybrid Adoption Centre).'

Chloethestar
'Why?'

Alextheidiot
'Please just come!'

Chloethestar
'Fine see you soon.'

I placed the book and phone in my bag and headed to the adoption centre wondering what he was up to.

When I got to the centre he was outside jumping on the balls of his feet waiting for me. Alex saw me, grabbed my arm and pulled me inside without a word.

"We are gonna adopt hybrids!" He told me excitedly making me frown. He didn't like animals particularly hybrids, what the heck is he planning.

He spoke the assistant who led us to a room where most hybrids roamed freely in their animal/human form.

I looked around my eyes scanning over a few birds, dogs and cats but landed on a tiny black bunny playing with a white dog. Both looked so beautiful and cute.

 Both looked so beautiful and cute

I walked over carefully, the dog immediately moved in front of the rabbit and growled slightly

I walked over carefully, the dog immediately moved in front of the rabbit and growled slightly. I crouched in front of the dog and smiled gently.

"Hey, I am not going to hurt you, I just wanna say hi," I said softly as I held out my hand to be sniffed. The dog sniffed then nudge my hand asking me to pet.

I laughed quietly and scratched him behind the ears and under the chin. His tail wagged slightly making me smile softly.
I felt something nudge my left leg.

I looked down to see the black rabbit looking at me its nose twitching as it looked at me. I'm guessing he wanted attention as well. I picked him up and placed him on my lap and he immediately made himself comfortable making me chuckle.