Chapter 3:

1st POV
My new job was way better than the old one. I worked with animals and made sure they got good homes which is an amazing thing. Working with the hybrids helps me to understand them more and brings me closer to the boys.

One afternoon I stayed behind to stock up some of the supplies as well to check on the hybrids. I was checking on the wolf hybrids making sure they had enough food & water when I heard a noise coming from the entrance to the building.

I frowned, but shushed the wolf hybrid that growled. I grabbed a broom (only thing there at the moment) and went to check it out. My eyes flickered around the front of the store as I closed and locked the door behind me. Just as I moved forward I heard a growl coming from my left. My head snapped in that direction to see a familiar man stepping out from behind the shelves and into view.

"Hi Chloe, miss me?" He asked with a smirk stepping closer. "Danté, what do you want?" I asked as I backed away from him. He laughed and asked, "can't I just say hi to an old friend?" "We aren't friends. What do you want?' I asked again going behind the counter while,he looked around the store. I sent a quick text to the boys.

" Hm, where are your hybrids?" He asked turning to me just as I tossed something at his head which missed him. "None of your concern  now leave," I replied as he stepped toward the door the led to the hybrids section. "Are they in here?" He asked moving to open it and immediately I wacked him on the head with the broom.

He turned to me slowly and bared his teeth, "stay away from them you monster,"  I said backing right up against the counter. He roared, brought his fist to my stomach and I was on the floor trying to breathe.

"You shouldn't have done that love. He wanted you alive you know," he said with a laugh as he crouched down in front of me. I glared at him and coughed as I though, 'boys don't come too dangerous and unsafe...'

"There are people that want you dead because you're  involved with their experiments," he whispered as his hand wrapped around my neck and he squeezed cutting off my airway.

I gasped and my hands flew up to remove his hand but he was too strong. Black dots began to dance in my vision and I could barely hear anything. I heard slams, footsteps and shouts but it sounded muffled and far away.

The hand around my neck disappeared and I could breath again. I looked up but my vision was blurry. I could see a few figures going for another.

Danté.

"Get away from him!" I exclaimed and coughed, stumbling to my feet. "Chloe," I heard Tae murmur as arms wrapped around me keeping me away from the others and send tingles through my body.

"No, leave Danté!" I yelled and coughed again. I took my hand away from my mouth to reveal blood. I fixed a cold hard glare on Danté and said, "leave before I make you." He grinned and said, "see you soon Chloe, hybrids this was fun." When he disappeared I let the darkness take me, hearing panic shouting from the boys.

3rd POV
The boys immediately rushed to her side after Danté disappeared. Yoongi knelt down next to her and examined her.

He felt for her pulse it was there but it was weak he looked at the others and said, "we have to get her out of here. Now." Jungkook was the one who walked forward, picked her up and rushed out with Hoseok and Jimin while the others stayed and checked the area as well as the hybrids.

Jin was standing by the counter thinking about what had happened with Danté and how Chloe knew him. When a light tap drew him out of his thoughts, he turned -tail wagging slightly- to face Taeyhung who looked troubled as well.

"Hyung, how did Danté find us? Why is he after Chloe?" Jin sighed as he answered, "I do not know Tae but we need to find out and soon, before he returns." Taeyhung nodded ending their conversation as the others walked over and it,was time to leave.

As soon as they stepped inside the apartment they knew something was wrong. Namjoon stepped forward listening for any signs of life and he found them coming from the living room.

Yoongi stepped forward to head in that direction but low growling coming from Jin stopped him. "Something else was here," murmured Namjoon as Taeyhung bolted into the living room others behind him.