1.9 cry me a river

Ellie

Ellie

  Gareth was here.

Sudden fear struck me, as i hoped off of the desk, and crouched down. Carl took out his gun and aimed at the closed office door.

"Well, i guess you know we're here." An unfamiliar voice called out from the church's main area, the voice probably belonged to Gareth. "And we know, your here." He darkly announced. "And were armed. "So, there's really no point in hiding anymore. We've been watching you. We know who's here. There's Bob, Eugene, Rosita, Martin's good friend Tyreese, the new girl Ellie, Carl, Judith..." How in the hell did he know my name? Huh, they really been watching us. "Rick and the rest walked out, with a lot of your guns. Listen, we don't know where you all are, but this isn't a big place."

Gareth ranted a little more, he even tried to manipulate Gabriel to walk out.

Suddenly, Judith started to cry.

Fuck, fuck, fuck, shit, fuck.

Carl managed to run to Judith, calming her.

The sound of a gun cocking, could be clearly heard from just outside the offices door. "That's your last chance, right now, to tell us your coming out."

I gripped my hunting knife, preparing to charge but the sound of a silenced gun ran trough the church.

I snuck to the office door, as my hand tried to open it, somebody slightly pulled me back. "You shouldn't." Carl whispered.

"Yeah, i should." I breathed out.

I pulled back from him, and opened the door.

"There's no point in begging, right?" The name 'Gareth' had a face now. A fairly handsome one. Well, by that i mean, if i would see him without any context, i wouldn't think that he was a maniac that would probably eat me. Gareth clutched onto his hand, that had freshly missed a couple of fingers.

"No." Rick coldly answered.

"Still, you've could have killed us when you came in. And there had to be a reason for that." Gareth managed to say, with his trembling lips.

"We didn't want to waste the bullets."

"We used to help people. We saved people. Things changed. They came and..." He let out a painful groan. "After that... I know that you've been out there, but i can see it. You don't know what it is to be hungry. You don't have to do this, we can walk away. And we will never cross paths again. I promise you." He tried to reason. Oh cry me a fucking river. Did he really thought that he would get to live, after he kidnapped at chopped off someone's leg? After he and his group of psychos tried to kill us, like three minutes ago?

"But you'll cross someone's path." Rick tilted his head. "You'd do this to anyone, right? Besides, i already made you a promise."

"No!" Gareth lastly screamed out.

Rick pounded his machete into Gareth's skull. The others stared to kill off the rest. A guy with now a heavily bloodied face, lied on the floor trying to reach a hand gun. I gripped my knife, sending it right trough his head.

«

Bob was dead.

I didn't knew him much, so our goodbyes were brief and short. I hated being immune. Seeing Bob turn was awful, and i was just there, not hurt even slightly by my walker bite.

As for the deal Rick and Abraham made, they left for DC, just leaving the map of their route. Maggie asked me, if i wanted to come with, but i had to decline. Deep down i knew, that it wasn't the last time we would see each other.

I felt as if a part of me left with Maggie and the others when their bus drove off.

God, what were these people doing to me?

The rest of us stood in silence, as the school bus drove away.

Carl sat on one of the church's benches as i sat down next to him. "So, those guys were the real deal huh?" I gazed at the beautiful tiled windows in front of me. Carl just grunted beside me, his big bulky hat was hanging low on his head. He was clearly upset, but i didn't want to press. "You know, i never asked you, where you got that hat?" I looked at him.

He looked up from his slouched position. "It was my dads. He was an officer, you know, before." I smiled at the thought of Rick working in an actual job. "Ellie, can i ask you something? You don't have to answer it, if you don't want to-"

"Go on." I nodded.

Carl gulped. "What happened to your parents?"

I flinched at his words. I was quiet for a bit, but letting out a heavy sigh, i decided to open up. "My ahem-, my mom passed away when i was a kid. She was the friendliest and happiest person i have ever seen." The ends of my lips rose up, yet my eyes had a sad look on them. "Or so i thought."

"What happened?"

"She killed her self, when i was seven."

Carl's lips parted at my statement. "El, i'm so sorry, i shouldn't have asked."

"No, it's fine." It felt like a knife was jabbed into my lungs, because the air around me started vanishing. I cleared my throat, "My dad was out of town when it all went down, so i'm not really sure about him. He's a survivor, so i'm pretty sure he's out somewhere."

"Where was he?"

"Washington, i think."

"But doesn't that mean that if we go to Abraham and the others, maybe we'll find him?" Carl popped up.

"Maybe."

word count : 947

A/N

  One more chapter till the end of part one. Sorry about the late posting, i've been really busy with school.

don't forget to vote!