5.1 promises

Before

Before

"Daddy?"

"Yes, sweetheart?"

"When's mom gonna come back?"

My dad stroked my head, as i set it on his shoulder. He picked me up, carefully setting me on his lap, and setting his head on mine.

The hospital chair creaked as he shifted in it.

"She, um, she's went to this place.."

I lifted my head to look at him, confused. "She went away?"

"Yes. She went to a place where she won't feel pain anymore."

"Bu-but what about us?"

"She will always be here, always watching over us."

"Even if we don't see her?"

"Even if we don't see her."

«

Ellie

All hell broke loose after this.

Rick was set out to get the guns from one of the Saviors camps, and every one ran after them like blind dogs.

My eyes were planted on Judith, as she drew shapes on the asphalt with chalk. My right hand played with Shiva's fur and she murmured against my touch. Shiva was a beast with a kind heart, a beats that could end anyone in just seconds.

Rick sat down on the steps besides my wheel chair.

We were quiet for a moment, but then is started. "She has grown so much, since the first time i saw her back at the church."

"Yeah, she has." Rick said with a smile, his southern accent mixing with his words. "But so have you. I'm really glad your back, El."

I looked down at my fidgeting fingers, that were set down on my lap. Was i really back for good? I hope so.

"Rick?" I called out.

"Hm?"

I gathered my thoughts. "If we get him," I whispered out. "If we get him, then we hold him hostage. He doesn't need to die, his ways do." I repeated my fathers words.

He looked from me, back to Judith.

"I know you spoke about this with my father. Just because he's dead, doesn't mean you can break the promise." I bit out, more angerly.

"El-"

I pushed myself off of the wheelchair, standing on my both feet, i looked Rick in his eyes. "Promise me." My tone changing into a sterner one, "Promise me, that you will kill him if there is no other way."