Chapter Four

They always say not to look in the eyes of a vampire king and here I am doing exactly that yet to the king of all vampire kings.

What goes through my head, seriously?

I gulp as he walks up onto the stage, standing in front of me looking down on me showing his power.

I still stare into his eyes as for one, his eyes are a gorgeous piercing, green colour and two, I'm quite stubborn.

He narrows his eyes as he's expecting me to look away, whereas I don't.

He raises an eyebrow showing his slight amusement.

Slowly he walks around me checking me out from head to toe and it's quite uncomfortable.

His fingertips trace the skin on my shoulder as he continues to walk around me intimidatingly.

Softly his fingers follow up my neck and to my hair, reaching my messy bun I feel him touch my hair tie and suddenly he pulls it making my hair fall loosely down my back.

Touching my hair he feels my silky hair slip through his fingers. I tense not knowing what his intentions are.

I move my head away from him making everyone in the room look shocked.

King Ashton lowly growls only enough for me to hear and I'm not going to lie, I'm scared.

All of a sudden grabs my hair pulling it tilting my head to the side, I gasp from the pain.

He leans in from behind me as I feel his breath on my neck causing goosebumps to form on my body, his sharp teeth graze my neck. Closing my eyes shut tightly I wait for the pain of his bite, yet it never came.

I open one eye looking and then open the other, He lets go of my hair and stands in front of me facing the vampire audience.

"I have decided on my chosen. Violet Wolf," he says loudly to everyone.

What? No!

I didn't want this, I thought if I disrespected them I wouldn't get chosen.

I look around panicked. Now what do I do?

I go to walk off the stage but Gerard grabs me by my waist spinning me in the opposite direction of where I was heading "not so fast missy, you've been chosen," he says and pushes me towards King Ashton.

King Ashton grabs my upper arm and pulls me off the stage aggressively. He sits in his throne looking chair and makes me sit in and random ass regular looking chair beside him.

I look up at his face taking in his features while he watches the other girls come out on stage, I wasn't going to lie this man was gorgeous beyond words like seriously, well so are the other kings too but King Ashton was just something else. I know, I know I hate vampires and all and he's a jackass but we can't deny his good looks.

He looks down at me catching me staring at him, I quickly divert my attention to the stage. Yet I felt his eyes sit on me for a while as well, I feel as though he's trying read me but I know for a fact many people also vampires find it hard to read me.

The other three kings have finally picked their chosen and soon leave as the rest of the girls get introduced to the audience for their pick.

This whole ceremony is sick, they just pick and chose who they want to keep as slavery and do nasty things to.

It's awful.

King Ashton stands up from his chair and stands in front of me, he throws a t-shirt at me hitting me in the face.

Thanks!

I pull the t-shirt over my head as it falls just above my knees, I probably look ridiculous right now but it's better than walking around in lingerie.

I look around to see everyone leaving the hall, it's almost empty.

"Let's go," King Ashton orders.

He walks a couple of steps and notices I haven't moved an inch "move your fucking ass now!" He says demandingly.

I gulp as I take slow steps forward, he grabs my upper arm as he drags me out the building towards a very lavish looking car.

He opens the door and pushes me in the passenger seat, he walks around and sits in the driver seat.

He speeds off not caring that I'm not even wearing a seatbelt.

Wait! Like why would he care? He wouldn't care less if I died right here right now.

We arrive at I'm guessing his home and my oh my his home is no house, it's a mansion!