Chapter 44

Draco finally understood what being over the moon felt like. She loved him. HIM. He was on cloud nine. It was fucking amazing. Fantastic. Bloody marvelous.

When he entered the study, he felt his cloud dissolve a little. Both boys were shouting, parchment and books were scattered throughout the room and there were actually a few blots of ink on the ceiling.

"Scorpius!", he shouted, pinching the bridge of his nose.

His son dropped the book he was about to throw at Albus as if it was on fire.

"Hi Mister Malfoy", Albus greeted, obviously intending on sweet talking himself out of it.

One icy glare was enough to shut him up. It seemed that the boy did have a few more braincells than his father after all.

"Sit", he ordered, both boys hurrying to comply. "Don't move."

A few swishes of his wand fixed the room again. Scorpius proud look made his heart melt a little.

"That was bloody amazing", Albus said in awe, "It looked like you were dancing. Bloody amazing, seriously."

"It's because of the duelling", Scorpius told his friend, "My Dad can beat anyone."

"Not my Mom", Hugo said, walking through the door. "My Mom is brilliant."

All children started to shout now, bringing Draco close to losing his temper again.

"Silencio", Hermione snapped, effectively shutting them all up. "What the hell is this ruckus about?"

"Apparently", Draco answered her after removing the spell non-verbally, "They are fighting over who'd win if we duelled, you or me."

"Auntie", Albus asked sweetly, "If we're all good and finish our homework, will you duel with Mister Malfoy? It would be highly educational."

If he wasn't raised better, Draco would have rolled his eyes. The kid really needed to work on his manipulation skills.

"Maybe you're right", she answered to his surprise. "You better take out your books and start working."

Both boys hurried to comply, whilst Hugo and Lily took out a wizarding chess set.

"I can't believe you fell for that", Draco whispered in her ear when all the children were occupied.

"By the time they're finished, you need to leave", she whispered back. "Besides, you wouldn't hurt me, would you?"

"Never", he grinned and pinched her arse.

"Autch", she swatted his hand away, "You will pay for that."

"Are you going to punish me?", he grinned, making sure no-one noticed their interaction.

"Damn sure", she hissed, pretending to read through Albus's notes.

"I'm looking forward to it", he smirked, pinching her again for good measure.

She practically growled at him and he grinned, but didn't push his luck any further.

The rest of the afternoon passed in relative peace, except for the bloodbath happening on the chessboard in the corner.

Draco was starting to doze off when he was suddenly startled by a sharp noise. His wand was already half out of his sleeve before he realised that it was Hermione's phone.

She smirked at him and fished it out of her purse.

We're good for dinner, we'll be home by 8.

X

Harry

"I'm going to order a bite to eat", she said, "Are you staying for dinner Scorpius?"