Chapter 15

Author's Note: If you have any writing tips, please feel free to comment.

Again, I gratefully accept constructive criticism as a means to help me develop my skills as a writer.  

--- --- --- --- ---

Chapter 15

Team Metal was sitting in the UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter on their way to Sweden waiting for General Malloy to brief them about the mission through the comms. Sandman flipped through the folder in front of him which explained the details of what they were up against.

-The mansion's coordinates in Sweden: 65N 5' 15'' 17E 7' 36.99''

-Heavily guarded

-HVIs: Michael 'Ace' Vaughn (Affiliations: Navy SEALs; CIA)

-Lisa 'Shadow' Malloy (Affiliations: US Army; CIA; Elite Task Force – Field Commander)

"Metal 0-1 this is Overlord. Are you receiving?" They heard in their ears.

"Loud and clear, over."

"As you may have seen in the folder, you've got an overview of what you will find in Sweden," said General Malloy. "Be aware that you will be in enemy territory. Be extra careful.

"Your orders are to capture Vaughn and Malloy alive at all costs. The reason behind it is that we might extract some Intel on Makarov from them. Eliminate anyone who gets in your way."

Frost analyzed the General's voice. It sounded so old and tired. Who would blame him? His daughter is wanted for treason which was the highest offense. Anyone with the same problem would have been far worse but General Malloy managed to maintain his composure throughout all of this. Frost admired that in the man.

"That is all. Good luck. Overlord out."

"Ok, you heard the man," yelled Sandman over the dinning noise of the helicopter. "Extract Vaughn and Malloy alive. I need you to stay sharp, understand Frost?"

"Hmm?" Frost looked up, lost in his thoughts and realized that Sandman was talking to him. "Yes, sir. I'm not called Frost for nothing."

"Hey man, how are you holding up?" asked Truck.

"I'm fine," replied Frost, irritated.

"Don't worry dude, after we finish this mission, we'll go for a beer," said Grinch.

Frost didn't need a beer or an evening out with his friends. He wanted an evening out with Daniels. Her face was imprinted in his mind. How could he forget her? That beautiful, straight blonde hair and those sparkly, smiling blue eyes. Even thinking about her made his heart flutter. Then, her face started turning pale, her lips turned purple and he felt a shiver down his spine. She was gone, and it was Malloy's entire fault. He loaded his SCAR-L; revenge was the only thing he had on his mind.

--- --- --- --- ---

MacTavish heard a loud pop around him... And another... and another. Then he heard groaning and grunting. What was going on? He opened his eyes and looked up and saw Vaughn on the floor clutching a bloody thigh and Malloy pointing his M9 at him.

The guards were dropping dead but he couldn't hear the ka-rak of guns. Malloy picked Vaughn's gun and put it at the back in her belt. She kneeled beside him and grabbed her tactical knife from her leg under the hem of her trousers and cut him loose.

"How are you feeling?" she asked.

"What the fuck is going on?" he slurred. "Don't touch me!"

"Just stay down."