Chapter Two -The Acceptance Letter To Hogwarts

(Ella) One afternoon as I'm reading some of Draco's school books from his first year an owl fly's in and drops an envelope with a red wax seal on it in my lap, I jump startled by it and drop the book I was reading called: A History Of Magic. The owl then fly's away and  I watch it longingly aching to follow it out and into the world.

My mind always wanders when I look out of my bedroom window from my window seat because then I can imagine what it would be like to be able to be free like the birds, like my older brother to come and go as I please. I snap back into reality when my hand brushes the wax seal on the envelope I undo the seal and unfold a piece of paper it says:

I gasp it's my acceptance letter to Hogwarts which means that this year I'll finally be able to see the world outside Malfoy Manor, for the first time

I gasp it's my acceptance letter to Hogwarts which means that this year I'll finally be able to see the world outside Malfoy Manor, for the first time. My parents have educated me about magic, muggles, the different blood types, and allowed me to read as much about magic as I can. In fact they encourage it so that I'll be top of my class in my year at school. I jump up and fling open my door rushing into my older brother's room just up the hallway from mine, I knock and a familiar kind voice tells me to come on in.

I shut the door behind me before  climbing onto my brother's bed next to him practically forcing myself to sit still as I hand him my letter, I watch Draco scan the letter then a small smile lights up his whole face.

"Congratulations Ella, you got your acceptance letter to Hogwarts now you can finally come with me to Diagon Alley, go on the train with me, and go to Hogwarts with me! Oh, my goodness do mother and father know?!"

"No, and they won't care. Why should they care when I'll never meet their expectations of a perfect daughter?"

"Well, you know what Ella, even if you don't meet their expectations and make them proud of you I'll always be proud of you no matter what happens!"

"Really?!"

"Of coarse I will. Now lets go show mother and father the news and remember even if they aren't proud of you I am."

My brother picks me up and gives me a piggy back ride into the parlor where our parents our drinking their afternoon tea, discussing something about my brother and I. Draco clears his throat and our parents glance over in our direction.

"Mother, Father." he says quietly.

"Afternoon Draco, what's brought you into the parlor?" our mother asks him completely ignoring me as usual.

He sets me back down onto the ground and nudges me forward gently saying, "Ella, has something important that she'd like to share with you guys. Go on Ella."

"I got my letter from Hogwarts!" I tell them excitedly holding it out for my mother to take.

"So you did." she says handing it to father.

"It's about time you got your letter Elizabeth, and upheld the honor that you are expected to bring this family!" 

Our parents then go back to drinking their tea and talking pretending that I'd never even spoken to them about my letter, Draco is offered a cup of tea which he accepts and that leaves me to go back to my room. Instead of my room I go into the library and sit in front of the fireplace in a velvety green armchair. Staring up at the picture of Draco and I all dressed up for Christmas, he's sitting on a couch in the parlor with me in his lap tickling me while he smiles. I'm laughing and trying to wiggle out of his grasp. 

I find myself crying and my favorite female house elf named Lopsy comes in a moment later saying, "Mistress. Ella, is everything alright?"

"NO!" I tell her.

"What's bothering you if Lopsy might ask?"

"I got my letter to Hogwarts and I told my parents, it didn't even faze them it was just like I hadn't even said a word. Draco was excited for me though."

"Lopsy is excited for Mistress Ella to go to Hogwarts!"

"I know you and Draco are but sometimes I wish that they knew that they had a daughter. Why when Draco got his letter all they could talk about for months on end was how proud they were of him and how good of a wizard he's going to be! But when it's my turn to do stuff, nobody even cares!"

"Lopsy cares."

"That's different." I mutter suddenly becoming irritable.