Chapter Five-The Sorting

If you like this mood board FYI it was made by me! 

(Ella) Once inside the castle a woman takes us all inside and begins to speak, 

"The start of term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory and spend free time in your house common room.

'The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rule-breaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the House Cup, a great honor. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours.'The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting."

The woman introduces herself as Professor Minerva Mcgonagall head of Gryffindor House, and then leaves us alone for a while before finally coming back to get us. We enter the Great Hall and as I walk to the front of the room I see Draco already at the Slytherin table, smiling at me encouragingly.

Mcgongall begins calling out names, "Granger, Antoinette!" 

"RAVENCLAW!" the hat screams.

I zone out until Ginny gives me a nudge whsipering, "She called out your name Ella."

"Malfoy, Elizabeth!"

The hat is placed on my head and it is so big that it falls over my head covering my face, I hear a few snickers from the people around me. 

"Ah another Malfoy, I thought that they for sure wouldn't have another one coming back. Lets see where shall I put you."

My thoughts are whirling as the hat begins to sort through my mind all I can think about is how I don't want to dishonor my family. And eyes staring at me astounded that the hat hadn't immediately shouted Slytherin.

"You are a tough little cookie to place because you'd like to bring honor to the Malfoy family but at the same time, you possess much kindness, extremely creative, you aren't quite sure of yourself being in Slytherin you have lots of doubts about your ability to do well there. From what I can tell you only want a chance to prove yourself and stand out so that your family notices you, but most of all I see that you'd like a chance to choose your own fate and destiny. I've got it! Now, this may seem odd...but...GRYFFINDOR!!!"

As I get up there is much whispering about my placement in Gryffindor I look over to my brother's table and notice the fear in his eyes. Probably realizing my fate wouldn't be good once mother and father found out about the placement.

Once Dumbledore finishes his speech I hear my name being yelled out, "ELIZABETH CAPRICORN MALFOY!!!"

Everyone turns to the voice and it's the voice of my father.

There, in front of the Great Hall, stood my father. His face red with anger. He stomps over to me towering above me saying, "YOU DISHONOR ME ELIZABETH MALFOY! BUT MOST OF ALL YOU'VE DISHONORED YOUR FAMILY TREE BY GETTING INTO GRYFFINDOR!!"

"Well, maybe I don't want to be a Malfoy anyways! I don't care about blood status it means nothing to me father. And besides who cares about bringing honor to their family? Not me I don't care about it. For years I've waited to get out of that manor while you kept me locked up hidden from the rest of the world out of shame, but now. Now I'm free and I'll be one better than you'll ever be!"

My father takes one look at me and lifts his wand pointing it at me before screaming, "AVADA KADAVRA!!!" the last thing I can remember is a wall of fire from a sandy haired boy blocking the spell.

The wall of fire