/26/

month four pt.2

jaehyun sped through the streets, determined to say what he knew he had to say. the fifteen minute drive felt as if it were an hour long, he had so much to say and so much to fix. in reality, jaehyun made it there in ten minutes, speeding through countless red lights.

upon arriving at the familiar lemon head yellow house, he got out of his car and walked to the red door, pounding on it so hard, he thought it was going to break down.

the locks clicked, revealing a a much sober doyoung in his favorite soft flannel pajamas.

"jaehyun? what are you doing here?" doyoung asked at his sleepy eyes.

"move over and give me your phone." he demanded, walking through the door as doyoung moved over to allow him in.

"my phone? for what?" jaehyun, what are you doing?" he questioned, following jaehyun into his bedroom.

jaehyun ripped doyoung's phone off its charger that was set on his nightstand behind his bed. he unlocked it searching for his contact, only to quickly delete it and any message they had shared. this was over. and for once, it was jaehyun's choice.

"deleting my number from your phone. we are done, doyoung. i am happy and i love taeyong, he's perfect for me. i'm not going to choose you, not when taeyong exists. i wasn't confused until you decided to walk back into my life and mess everything up. i've let you manipulate me for so long and i never noticed because i was too in love with you to care. and i was too oblivious to see beyond your mask of fake innocence. you're not crying over me, you're crying because the person you left me for doesn't want you anymore. so you come running back to stupid jaehyun who will always be wrapped around your finger. but, not anymore.

i thought you were the love of my life, my reason to be, but i was so wrong. i thought that you were the person that i was going to spend the rest of my life with, i really did. and my god, did i love you. until him. when i met him, for the first time, i wanted to live every breathing moment with somebody. every minute that we spend apart is physically painful. he is my life. he is my reason to breathe. i live for him. and it was never like that with you.

i loved you, but i exist for him and him alone. and if you love me, if you truly do, you will let me be happy. you will leave my family and i alone. don't call, don't text, don't say hi at the grocery store. because my soul and heart belong to two people and it's not you and taeyong. it's my son and taeyong. goodbye doyoung, i wish you the best." jaehyun said, running out of the house, his heart feeling at peace for the first time in months.

he couldn't wait to spend the rest of his life with taeyong and seungjae, his family.

jaehyun sped the whole way home, chuckling at the thought of taeyong in the passengers seat, scolding him for being a reckless driver. he pulled up on his drive way, racing out of his car to the front door.

he unlocked the front door, for once not dropping his keys or having to turn on his flashlight to see the lock. the lock turned behind him after he walked through the door, flying up the stairs.

he opened their bedroom door and his heart practically jumped out of his chest at the sight of taeyong, fast asleep clutching jaehyun's pillow against his chest. jaehyun kicked his shoes off, sliding into the cold sheets that smelt like both taeyong and him.

he pulled the smaller one into his his chest, holding him as tight as physically possible. taeyong stirred awake, trying to scramble out of his arms.

"what did he say he didn't want you? did you come running back to taeyong the second choice?" taeyong hissed, jumping into his feet.

jaehyun smiled at taeyong's instinct to always assume the worst.

"no, i went to say my goodbyes because taeyong i am completely and utterly in love with you. i said everything i needed to say, all the anger and all the hurt. i need to let go of all that hurt for me to fully be able to love you. and taeyong, i breathe for you, i exist for you. there is no me without you. and from this moment on, i am only yours and nobody, not even doyoung will ever have my heart. i'm sorry, that it took me so long to realize it. but, if you will have me, i will spend the rest of my life proving it to you.

i pick you, a billion times and more, today, tomorrow, forever. no take backs, no doubts. taeyong, i love you in that same soul wrenching, stars exploding kind of way. i'm in it from the long run. because my universe is in your bones. i choose you, will you choose me?" jaehyun declared, not leaving anything unsaid.

taeyong thought for a moment, arms crossed tightly against his body. but, he already had his answer, and his heart knew it since his eyes fell on a goofy kid that was grocery shopping in the middle of the night because he was craving waffles.

"forever?" taeyong choked out.

"forever." jaehyun answered.