Lies

"What the fuck, Kara!"

"I'm fine—"

"You almost died!" Lena stressed, walking up to her and poking a finger in her chest, seething with anger and concern. "Why the fuck would you do something like that?!!" She furrows her brow in even more emotion when she sees her sleeve. "And you almost got shot!"

"Lena, it's just a graze—"

"Why would you risk your life with armed men?! That's fucking crazy—"

"Because I'm impenetrable!" Kara yells, making her stop her worrying.

Lena's face goes blank, taking a small step back as she chuckles nervously. "You're kidding."

Kara just sighs and rips her button-down open, revealing the House of El crest.

"Oh, you're fucking kidding me."

"What were you even thinking??!!" Sam exclaims, pacing the living room in front of where Alex sat on the couch. "You could've died, Alex, seriously?!"

"It was just a rogue Red Lantern—"

"Who was out to kill and recruit you and Kara—"

"—that used its ring to form machine guns, and it was handled." She shrugged. "No big deal."

Sam scoffs. "'No big deal.' Have you even thought about your family and what would happen if some atrocious thing would happen to you because of some stupid decision you made, going in headfirst?"

"Sam, the only things I think about on the field is prioritizing the situation to end it as quickly as possible, keeping the citizens safe, keeping you and Ruby safe, and coming home at the end of the day in one piece," Alex says, standing up to her now and in her space, teeth gritted. "Don't you dare think that I don't think about my fiancée and kid when I'm doing what I do best."

"You think because you're the Director of the DEO and you know how to do your job so over the top that you can do any rash decision your mind comes up with."

"And you think because you're a Kryptonian, you can go and help Kara behind my back, sometimes even bringing Ruby into it," Alex says with a point towards the door where Kara and Lena were outside, having their own discussion-turned-argument. 

Sam sighs and looks away, shaking her head. Alex scoffs and shakes her head mildly, a small amused smile on her face for a second before it's gone. "Unbelievable."

"You're unbelievable!" Lena shouts, away from the blonde now by a few feet. "You kept this from me? Out of all things!"

"What was I supposed to do?!" Kara yelled back. "I was given no option because you kept getting targets on your back and I had to make sure that you were okay."

"And you couldn't tell me six months ago when we started this relationship!?"

"If you remember correctly, we were dealing with Reign."

"Oh, that's right, when Supergirl, or you, yeah, let's put it that way," Lena decided aloud before continuing the conversation. "When you didn't trust me to not have any more kryptonite so you had James sneak into my lab."

"It wasn't like that."

"Really?" The Luthor folded her arms, shifting her weight. "'Cause that seemed like you not trusting your girlfriend."

"Lena Luthor back then was not Supergirl's girlfriend, she was Kara Danvers'."

"So whose girlfriend am I now?"