Chapter Sixteen

“Alright everyone,” I say calling an end to the meeting. “Get some sleep. Jason, Damon, and Krista, it would be best if you guys stay here for the night. Krista you can pick one of the girls rooms, Damon and Jason you guys can stay in here. I’ll sleep outside if anyone needs anything.” I look around at everyone. “Now if there is nothing else, good night and sweet dreams. We have a big day ahead of us.” I watch as the girls leave.

            “Alright guys, I have something I want to say to you,” I tell Damon, Quinn, and Jason. “If any of the girls are in trouble I want you to protect them.” I sigh. “They’re going to kill me if they find out what I’m planning on doing. I have a confession. I want you and the girls to cause a distraction while I find Cyn. Once I find her I will let her feed off of me to get her strength back.”

            “But what about your strength?” Quinn interrupts me.

            I ignore him and look to Jason. “If anything happens to me I want you to take control.” I tell him.

            “If you’re doing what I think you are, I’m going with you and I guarantee Krista will want to go also.” Damon tells me.

            “You guys can’t come with me,” I explain. “This is something I have to do by myself.”

            “What if you are killed?” Quinn asks. “How do you think that Elisabeth will feel?”

            “Do you think that I want to do this by myself?!” I yell. “Do you think that I want to leave you guys behind?” I look at the three of them. “You really think that I haven’t thought this god damn thing through?”  I bow my head. “I wish that you guys could help but this thing isn’t business. What I’m doing is personal.” I turn away from them and stop at the door. “Jason, promise me that you’ll take care of my pack.”

            “Of course,” He tells me.

            “Quinn, make sure Elisabeth doesn’t do anything stupid.

            “Alright,” Quinn says shakily.

            “Damon, you’ll be the only one who will feel if I die,” I say looking over my shoulder. “You make sure you keep them to their word, and get Cyn to safety.“

            He nods. “You got it boss.”

            “I sleeping on the roof,” I tell them as I shut the door behind me. I walk out to my car and try to open the door. “Damn it,” I say, “Elisabeth has my keys.” I walk over to the door to her room and reach for my card. Thinking better of it, I just knock on the door.

            “Hold on,” a voice says. I wait outside the door and then I hear someone’s footsteps. The door opens and Krista is standing there. “Hey, what’s up?” She asks leaning on the doorway.

            “I just came by to get my keys from Elisabeth,” I tell her.

            “Come on in,” She says stepping to the side. “She’s in the shower right now.” I nod my thanks and walk into the room. I sit down in a chair and look at Skylar.

            “What’s up Sky?”

            “Not much, we were going out,” She informs me.

            “Have fun then,” I tell them. “Just don’t stay out to late tonight.”

            “We won’t,” Krista says as I hear the shower turn off.