Chapter 1

After the battle with Oblivio, Marinette had a hard time focusing. Her mind was flooded with questions. Would she ever remember what happened? If she did remember, would she regret ever meeting Cat Noir because of it? Would she be able to look at Cat Noir again with the worry of Cat trying something because they shared a kiss? What if she remembered and no longer wanted to go after Adrien- Wait, no, that couldn't happen. Adrien's Adrien. Perfect hair, perfect smile, perfect laugh and lips- okay, back to reality.

Marinette had a hard time looking at Adrien. She wished it could've been Adrien instead of Cat Noir, but something reminded her of Valentine's Day. The first kiss she ever had as well as the first kiss she shared with Mr. Noir. It was strange having to kiss someone with no memory of doing so afterward.

'I guess this is how Cat Noir felt after he saw the picture from the Prime Queen interview," Marinette thought as she sketched absentmindedly.

Marinette also thought about how well that kiss had gone. She expected Cat to have chapped lips and slightly bad breath, but it wasn't. His lips were soft and well cared for and his breath a minty smell. It was surprisingly a good kiss, very addictive and very mind blowing. The shock of the kiss in Dark Cupid was one Marinette never forgot about, nor could she forget about.

"Oh, that's a great drawing, Marinette. Can I put it on the Ladyblog?"

Marinette turned her head to her best friend, who was staring at the paper that laid in her hands. "Sure, Alya, But I don't see how a dress has anything to do with Ladybug or Cat Noir."

Alya gave a raised eyebrow that quickly turned into a scary smirk. "Girl, maybe you should look at your work, because you clearly had no idea what you were drawing."

At this point, Adrien and Nino had picked up on the girls' conversation and decided they'd see what was 'so interesting.'

Marinette, unaware of the new attention, glanced at her paper to find a very detailed,

Shaded,

And highly attractive

Drawing none other than Cat Noir with a devilish smile.

Marinette's eyes widened and she let out a quiet squeak. "Wha- I don't understand..."

Alya giggles at her friend's sudden realization as Nino raises a confused eyebrow. "Dude," Nino said. "How did you not notice you were drawing Cat Noir?"

"And why did you draw him so attractive?" Alya finished leaning on her hand.

Now the whole class was watching in silent curiosity. Well, most of the class.

"Ooo, looks like Marinette's got a crush on Paris' mangy, Cat Noir," spoke an annoying voice no one ever wants to hear. "You know that he only gets in the way of Ladybug. He really should just back off and let Ladybug and Queen Bee handle it."

Marinette fisted her hand tightly until her knuckles were white. "I think Queen Bee needs to back off her pedestal."

The class was so quiet that a fly could be heard. "And why do you think that, Wannabe," Chloe sneered.

Marienette stood up from her seat and got nose to nose with the bratty classmate. "Believe or not, Chloe, but I know Cat Noir and Ladybug enough to know that Cat Noir is a big help to Ladybug, hint why she said, and I quote, 'Cat Noir and I are an UNSTOPPABLE team.'" Marinette's tone was icy.

Chloe was livid. But before she could retaliate, Adrien grabbed Marinette's wrist and pulled her back stepping in front of Chloe. "Let's not start a fight here, girls. Whether or not Marinette has a crush on Cat Noir is none of our business."

Chloe sat down sticking her nose in the air.

Adrien let go of Marinette's hand and picked up the well drawn, black and white picture of his alter ego. "Hey, Marinette," Adrien says to catch the young girl's attention. "When did you ever see this on Cat Noir? Was it the Evillustrator or a different time you met him?"

Marinette studied the picture. She scanned all of her memories of Cat Noir as Ladybug and Marinette, but this isn't a face she remembers at all. Marinette takes the picture and thinks hard, everyone's eyes on her. She looks back at Adrien with questions flashing across her face. "I have no idea. I've never seen anyone look this way."

Alya takes a closer look. "It almost looks like he's in love."

"But that makes no sense," Nino jumps in, " everyone knows Cat Noir is in love with Ladybug."

Marinette pondered the thought. It's possible if this happened in Oblivio. 'Maybe this is a hidden memory of when we were together.' That can't be known to her class. "Maybe Cat Noir and Ladybug saved me in Oblivio?"

She was grasping at straws, but it's a hope. "I wouldn't remember because of Oblivio, but the memory must still be there somewhere."

"Then," Alya started. "You might've seen Ladybug and Cat Noir without their masks."

Knowing her best friend, Marinette knew that if she did remember or drew anything new, she'd have to keep it from Alya and everyone else.

But they couldn't know that. "Maybe, maybe not. But if we all know Cat Noir, I drew this from the look he gave Ladybug. I must've been in the room after they saved me. We don't know."

The class dropped it with curiosity at its peak and took their seats, ready for the start of class.

Marinette, on the other hand, sat in pure confusion. 'Does this mean I'll remember what happened that day?' She thought, staring at this picture of Cat Noir.

~

YouTube and other links are in my bio.

Cover Art: by wild_turtle_art on Instagram

Thank you for reading!