Chapter 5

Adrien paced the pink room, memorizing the bits and pieces of its personality. Seeing as his face was everywhere, he figured that maybe she wasn't just being a fan like she originally said the day after his trip to her room when he had to fix a certain Troublemaker's problem. "So," he asked, "what's the plan, Bugaboo?"

Marinette tilted her head at the nickname, but shrugged it off, staring at his pictures in deep thought. "I'm not sure, maybe start with family photos and move on from there?"

Adrien wondered some more, finding Marinette's design book and started flipping through it seeing beautiful designs leaving him amazed. "What about falling and hitting your head again, that seems to work in movies?"

"Seeing as I want to keep all of my memories, including the recent ones I have of you, more falling sounds like a back idea. Plus, I don't feel like going to the hospital." Marinette picked up a picture and slowly put it on the desk, then one after one taking them down from her walls and placing them in a neat pile.

"Yeah, that was a dumb idea. Sorry," he said upset, thinking of other things. "What about a hypnotist?"

"Too much money," she answered simply.

Adrien looked up to see what Marinette was doing as they talked. She had pulled off all of his photos and placed them in a pile as she worked away on taking a photo out of a frame. "What are you doing?"

Marinette didn't stop what she was doing. "I'm doing myself a favor."

"And that is?"

Marinette pulled out the picture, adding it to the butt load of the others, and threw them in a trash bin. "By starting this out healthy and with real pictures." Marinette pulled out her phone and opened the camera. "Smile, Adrien."

Adrien did as he was told and smiled with a decent pose, but Marinette didn't seem to be happy with it. "No, Adrien, a real smile, not the ones for work."

Adrien froze. She knew. She could tell the difference between his real smile from his fake. She could tell the difference between the Agreste melt from just Adrien.

Without realizing, Adrien smiled widely at her-a genuine Adrien smile. Marinette took the picture and typed something in her phone. "Alright, let's go."

"Where?" Adrien asked.

She stopped half way down the trap door. She gave him a look that read adventure. "To find my memories."

Adrien couldn't seem to understand what was going on inside this girl's head. They were walking down the stairs- Wait...

"Didn't you say you wanted to start with family and friends photos?" He asked.

Marinette put a finger to her lips and opened the door to the bakery. "Mom, Dad, is it okay if we go out for ice cream?"

Tom seems to be hyperactive, but before he can explode his excitement his wife answers their daughter. "Absolutely, Sweetheart. Don't come back too late," she said, waving them out.

Once they were out Adrien repeated his question. Which she answered with a simple "I am."

Not satisfied, the model grabbed Marinette's hand, turning her around with surprised gasp. Her hand landed on his chest, on his heart. He held her hand and her hip, keeping her close. Both intoxicated by the other's warm, minty breath. "Explain."

Naturally, they lean their heads together, closing their eyes as they relish the feeling. "Simple," Marinette said. "I'm starting with the most important person at the time that wasn't in my family. They would always be on my mind, every day and night. Before I sleep and after I wake. The love of my life."

He was smiling. "And who exactly is the love of your life, Marinette Dupain-Cheng?"

She smiled. "I don't know if I should tell you."

Adrien kisses her reddening cheeks. "I guess I shouldn't be kissing you if you love someone else."

Marinette 'mmm'ed as he brushed his nose against hers. "Then maybe I should tell you his name."

"And what is his name?" Adrien asked.

She smiled, biting her lip. "The love of my life is Adrien Agreste. He happens to be the man in front of me."

"Good." And he kissed her sweetly. Not too long and not too short, just long enough to get across his love to the girl in front of him. "I love you too, Marinette Dupain-Cheng."

"Good," she giggled. She stepped back still holding on to hand. "Now, let's get to the photography store. I have a feeling I go there frequently."

And with that, they walked hand in hand, unknowing to them of being followed by their number one fan.

"Well," Adrien said, staring at the door with a sign that said 'closed for 3 weeks.' "That was... I don't even know."

Marinette giggled at his reaction before trying to think of another solution. "Do you know any highlights of our time together?"

"Highlights- like important details of our previous relationship?" Adrien put on a slight smile thinking of a particular rainy day, but decided to wait until another rainy day made its appearance. Then another memory flashed in his mind leaving the poor model with a slight blush. "Okay. I have one, but we need our best friends for it to work."

Marinette raised an eyebrow at her (new) boyfriend as he whisked her away, making two phone calls in the process: One to his best bud, and to the mayor. She was waiting for Adrien to explain why they needed certain people, but when he gave her a 'you'll see look' she let go of her curiosity and let adventure make its course for the destination her boyfriend had in mind. For she trusted him and loved him to the fullness of her heart.

~

YouTube and other links are in my bio.

Cover Art: by wild_turtle_art on Instagram

Thank you for reading!