Chapter 8

It's been two months, and Adrien and Marinette are nowhere near returning her memory. In fact, they were at the point of giving up. They told her parents what happened the night after Marinette remembered Chloe, but that's the only person she remembers. Marinette still makes clothes like always and she is always friendly, but with her memories vacant, she has trouble connecting the dots. People keep bringing up past events that she has no recollection of. Adrien notices her frustration, and tries even harder to help, but it's hard to keep hope when you turn up empty handed.

So, here they are, their minds with blank ideas and hearts heavy.

"So, what did the doctor say?" Adrien asked his girlfriend.

"They can't figure it out. It's like it all magically disappeared into nothingness," Marinette sighed. "There's nothing left to do, Adrien. Maybe it's time to give up.."

"WOW... wait a minute now, there has got to be something we can do.. what about Ladybug and Cat Noir, we can see what they can do?"

"And we tried that, only to come up empty like my memories," Marinette let out a heavy breath. "It's time to throw in the towel."

That night, Adrien's brain wouldn't shut off. He wanted Marinette to be happy with all her memories, not unhappy with a few. The next day wasn't much better. In fact, when an Akuma came he praised Hawkmoth for causing his focus to divert from its original path.

"Are you ready," Ladybug said as she landed next to her partner with ease.

Cat Noir gave her a smirk. "Ready as I'll ever be," He sang before dashing off.

The akuma was nothing short of weird. It seemed to put everyone asleep with a sprinkle of sparkling dust.

Ladybug tilted her head in question. "So, it's a Sandboy situation, but instead of making nightmares real-"

"She's putting everyone asleep," the sly cat finished. "So, how do we stop her?"

Ladybug stayed back with Cat as she observed her new enemy. "Well, we know for sure that we can't get hit, and I mean neither of us," she said, giving a pointed look to her boyfriend who scratched the back of his head sheepishly. "We can't risk Hawkmoth getting either one of our miraculous."

"Okay, so what's that plan, Bugaboo?"

"Take her to the library. Let's see if we can put her to sleep with a bedtime story."

"I like the way you think, M'lady."

Cat Noir leaps from his spot on the Eiffel Tower, preparing to jump his prey. "Hey, I heard that the nursery needs help to put kids to bed for naptime, why don't you lend a hand for the kids to catch some z's?"

The Akuma snarled. "I'm Fairytale, here to prove love is not as real as the books make it."

Ladybug looked at her partner. "Is she taking in riddles?"

"I don't think so... she's putting people to sleep, but what does that have to do with love?"

Ladybug gave him a look. "Maybe true love's kiss?"

Cat Noir literally face palms. With his tail. "Well, I should've known that," he sighed in stubbornness.

A giggle sounded from the girl in spots. "It's okay, at least we can always cure it. Easy!"

Cat gave her a sweet smile. "Maybe a little later."

"Don't get hit, Kitty."

"Same to you, M'lady."

They fight as if they were dancing. Ladybug swinging one way or another with a clear plan in her head. Sure, it didn't involve her yet so she didn't use lucky charm, but she believed it was fool proof. Well, almost.

"I'm done playing with you, Cat. Give me your miraculous!"

Cat Noir dodged a blow on his right. "Is that all you got, Fairyfail."

Fairytale snarled, shooting at random, and revived a grunt from the black cat hero.

"Cat!!!" Ladybug shouts as his eyes shut falling from a ledge of someone's rooftop. She dashed to catch him, taking him away from danger and sight.

Once out of sight of villains and civilians, Ladybug called at her prince. Begging with tears in her eyes to awaken and see the bright green hit the sky blue.

"Adrien, please..." she begged. She sighed, giving him a kiss, finally remembering that's a way to break this spell.

With a gasp of air, Adrien, in his hot catsuit, awoke from the magic that beheld his mind and body. "What happened, M'lady? Where are we?"

"You were hit by Fairytale. Now, come on. We have work to do."

Cat Noir grabbed her arm. "Wait, who's Fairytale? The last thing I remember is our kiss after we defeated Oblivio."

'Wait," Marinette thought. "What?!?"

~

YouTube and other links are in my bio.

Cover Art: by wild_turtle_art on Instagram

Thank you for reading!