Chapter 2

Just as school got out for the day, an akuma popped out of nowhere with the fun power of shooting fire out of its hands. Note the sarcasm. Both Ladybug and Cat Noir were beyond grateful for the Miraculous Ladybugs and its reversible ability so they didn't have to go home with unexplainable burns.

Marinette walked into her room, exhausted and thanking the heavens that she didn't have any homework.

For some reason though, her brain really hurt and her fingers were begging for a pencil.

'Do I just want to draw without knowing it?' She asked herself. Marinette was about to grab her design book, when she turned the other way and grabbed a blank sketchbook.

"What is it, Marinette?" Tikki asked, full of curiosity.

Marinette put the book on the desk and sat down. She stared at the book a little before opening it and put her pencil to it.

"Marinette," Tikki cries. "What's going on?"

"I have a feeling this isn't a drawing of clothing..."

Tikki seems to get the drift and leaves her partner alone to draw whatever is causing her to get this way.

Marinette, if you looked at her, seemed to be completely focused on drawing. At least, that's what her mom thought when she came up to check and see if her daughter wanted a snack. But when Sabine called out to Marinette, her daughter didn't respond, or even flinch at what she was saying. So, being a loving mother, Sabine put a batch of cookies next to her daughter and left her be in her drawing.

Marinette, on the other hand, was anything but focus. Her mind would move from Cat Noir to Alya to Nino to Chloe to Adrien to blank and repeat. Her fingers moved without thought, as if they had a mind of their own. Shading, lines, lighting. Marinette didn't stop. She didn't even hear her mother walk in.

After what felt like a short time, Marinette came out of her state with a full drawing, but this time, it wasn't Cat Noir. No. It was Adrien.

It seemed as though he was standing on stairs looking at the viewer who was standing on the higher steps. Adrien's expression was one she hadn't seen before in her memory. He was love struck. And he was holding the viewer's hand with such a delicate touch.

The picture was love filled and well detailed, just like the one of Cat Noir.

"I don't understand," Marinette whispers to herself. "Why I'm I drawing something I don't remember?"

The next day, Marinette had drawn three more pictures: two of Adrien and one of Cat Noir. Like before, they were scenes she couldn't remember, but the faces were filled with love and were well detailed. Marinette, not wanting them to be seen, ripped them out of the book and placed the drawings in a boring black folder and took it everywhere with her, just in case of another 'episode.' Lucky for her, she only had one and drew Adrien once again with what looked like a blush on his face, but still filled to the brim with love for the viewer, just like the rest.

Marinette, trying to hide it from Alya, quickly ran out the classroom to get home and away from her prying questions. While trying to hide the picture away in her black folder, Marinette forgot to watch her feet going down the stairs and fell, hitting her head in the process.

No one saw her, well, except for the model who came to find her due to Alya's not so little hint about the new drawing Marinette had drawn. And Adrien saw Marinette fall.

~

YouTube and other links are in my bio.

Cover Art: by wild_turtle_art on Instagram

Thank you for reading!