Chapter 7

"So, you remember us now?" Nino asked, completely confused.

"No," Marinette said with a sadder voice. " I remember Chloe and everything she and I have been through. I have memories of anyone I've met with Chloe in the picture, but that's it." She turned to Adrien. "And I didn't realize that you are a jerk."

Nino, Alya, and Adrien gave her a look of shock and confusion. Then it clicked. "You remember the gum on your seat on the first day of school," Adrien said, his face going white.

"Yep," she glared. "and thanks for giving me false memories. I'll treasure it always. Now, I'm leaving. Thank you for absolutely nothing." Marinette practically ran out of the building. \

"Marientte, wait-"

"Don't, Adrien," said Alya in a whisper. "She'll need time to cool off."

"No!" Adrien shouted, fear taking over his heart, setting his determination. "I won't lose her again! Not now, not ever!!" Adrien chased out after his other half while Alya and Nino watched on with surprise written across their faces.

"Marinette!!" Adrien scanned his surroundings, but found the young girl long gone. "If I was Marinette, where would I go?" I don't know... Adrien only just realized how much he needed to learn about the girl he loves. Sure, he didn't know the basic questions, but he knew her heart. And to him, her heart was worth more than anything, and he was going to do everything he could to love her the way she deserves. As he looked around, Adrien realized it was about to rain and ran to the nearest store for an umbrella.

After buying the proper rain gear, Adrien sat just inside the door thinking hard about where his girlfriend ran off to.

"You okay, son?" Adrien looked up to see an elderly man taking a seat next to him. "I know that look on your face. It's the 'I seriously messed up with my girlfriend and don't know what to do' face. Am I right?" Adrien must've had a funny face on because the man just laughed. "It's not too hard to tell. I was sitting right here when I had a similar problem in my high school years. Just like you." Adrien looked at the man. "Want to tell me what happened?"

Adrien sighed. "My girlfriend lost her memory and only remembers how we first met, which was a bad misunderstanding. How do I get her to understand that I not only love her, but that what happened then wasn't a fault of my own?"

The man tilted his head to look towards the ceiling. "Well, what did you do the first time?"

Adrien sat and thought. "I gave her my umbrella and explained to her the situation. I laughed with her. I talked with her."

The man smiled at the tinkle in the young boy's eyes. He saw so much love in a young heart, it left him helplessly hoping the love lasts even longer than his marriage of 65 years. "Then why don't you start there. " Adrien raised a brow. "Start where you began."

Adrien's brain went into overtime work. "Of course!" Adrien stood up with a smile only to let it drop and sit back down. "But where would I find her?"

"Why don't you start with the last thing she remembers. If she doesn't remember much-"

"She'll want to go to a place that she knows.." Adrien finished. "Thank you so much." He stood up and walked to the door before turning back around. "What happened between you and that girlfriend of yours?"

The man smiled fondly. "I married her."

Ladybug didn't want to be found. She didn't know her friends or her family. She didn't know her house or her city. To her, it was a blank canvas waiting for memories to be painted, but the current colors weren't the ones she was hoping for. Adrien had lied to her. He kissed her and still lied to her. She missed the Adrien she knew when they were trapped here in the tower with Oblivio chasing them from room to room. He was nice and charming. He was everything that made her comfortable and uncomfortable at the same time. Was that a good thing?

She had climbed up here as Ladybug and sat soaking in the rain... and her falling tears. She had believed and what did he do? He played his sick game with her missing memory. Making her fall more in love with her and pretending to help her get her memory back. How FOOLISH is she!! Ladybug was mad, but most of all, she was hurt. Adrien seemed like the perfect prince and Cat Noir was the perfect knight. The best of both worlds, but she should've known there was always a catch to the best of things. And to her, the real Adrien was a liar.

Ladybug's bangs were dripping from the heavy rainfall, but she cared nothing of it, even if she were to get sick with the cold.

She was too invested in her sorrow to hear the door behind her close. "Ladybug?"

She turned around to none other than Adrien Agreste. She glared. "What do you want?" she said, and not very nicely.

Adrien's eyes filled with worry as he took off his jacket and placed it around her shoulders. "You're going to catch a cold, Bugaboo."

"Like you actually care."

Adrien drew his lips into a line. He pulled out his umbrella and opened it looking out on the city of love. "I was trying to get the gum off your seat, I swear." Ladybug glanced at him. "When we met, that was my first day of school ever. I've never had friends before, it was all new to me." Adrien spared a glance to see a similar face he had seen the last time he gave his umbrella to her. And once again, he offered his umbrella to the girl who looked nothing short of shocked.

Ladybug stared at him. Of course there was much more to the story than a few pictures. She shouldn't be too quick to judge.

Ladybug took the umbrella as a smirk grew on her face. "Come here you silly, wet kitty."

Adrien chuckled as he was pulled under the cover of the rain gear. He was so close to her, barely inches rested between them... At least, for now.

Ladybug transformed and was once again Marinette. She gave Adrien a silly grin. "What are you going to do, Mon Chaton?"

Adrien grinned as he pulled in close by her hip. "I'm going to kiss you and then we'll figure it out from there."

Marinette giggled as she wrapped her arms around him, taking in the blissful moment filled with nothing but love.

~

YouTube and other links are in my bio.

Cover Art: by wild_turtle_art on Instagram

Thank you for reading!