Chapter 12: Epilogue

The next day reactions were to be expected.

"This is ridiculous! Utterly ridiculous!"

"Girl, how come you didn't tell me about this last night over the phone?"

"Dude, I knew you had the hots for Marinette, but I didn't realize you knew it too."

"I was 95.6% positive that this would happen around next Christmas. You two beat the odds of my calculations. The real 4.4% chance. Congrats!"

"Okay, Kim, you need to cough up the 20."

"Whatever! You just got lucky."

Adrien and Marinette looked at each other ready to laugh at their classmates. That was until Chloe put her plastic butt back in the conversation. "Adrien, how could you? I was waiting and you chose someone with no value? I'm a much better choice than this baker girl."

Adrien stood up and faced Chloe with a glare. "No Value? I take what you consider value and prove you wrong. Marinette is friends with Alya, the renowned blogger for the Ladyblog. She's friends with Nino, a growing DJ. She knows Kitty Section and creates their clothes. Marinette is my friend and girlfriend. Me, Adrien Agreste, son of fashion designer, Gabriel Agreste. She also created and sold her hat design to Gabriel himself. She designs clothes and album covers for Jagged Stone. She also has helped Cat Noir with an akuma. Need anything else?"

Chloe thought for a minute. "Still means nothing. I'm still the daughter of the Mayor," she gloated like she won.

"Yep. You are also the daughter of a fashion critic who said that Marinette's design was something of new inspiration," Adrien said, leaving the girl speechless. "And Marinette did that all on her own. Without the name of her father's title as influence." Adrien sighed. "But that's not why I'm with Marinette. I'm with her because I love her. Nothing more and nothing less. I love her and she loves me. Nothing else matters."

Chloe stormed away as everyone cooed at the two new love birds.

"You know she'll be an akuma in a minute," Marinette whispered in his ear.

"That's okay. I know a super couple that'll help out when it happens."

Marinette giggled. "Yep. They really are a super couple."

And they give each other a small kiss before heading to class with the rest of the students, knowing that today was a good day with or without an akuma. They just could be brought down because they were so happy with each other.

~

YouTube and other links are in my bio.

Cover Art: by wild_turtle_art on Instagram

Thank you for reading!