Chapter 11

"So, I have a blanket, treats, some thermuses full of hot chocolate, and myself. Am I missing anything, Tikki?" Marinette asked, shoving the blanket farther into the stuffed bag.

"Does your lips count? Because I'm pretty sure Adrien will want to taste more of his girlfriend after this."

Marinette went a shade so red it put her super suit to shame. "TIKKI!!! We are going there to remember who we are. Not make out until dawn is upon us!"

"Don't yell too loud. That boyfriend of yours is just downstairs seeing as he doesn't remember where he lives."

As if to prove science wrong, the color on Marinette's face somehow got ten times darker. "How did I ever live with you for so long?"

Tikki giggled. "You just loved me too much. Plus, you teased me more than I ever have."

Marinette rolled her eyes and headed towards the stairs. "I'm ready, Adrien." She said carrying the bag with her.

"Here. Let me take that for you," the blond smiled, taking the bag from his girlfriend's hands.

"Why, what a gentleman," Marinette giggled.

"Awww..." Tom and Sabine cooed as they watched the kids.

"You two have fun. Adrien, not too late, son. She still needs sleep for school tomorrow. And so do you," Tom teased as they opened the door.

"You got it, sir. Bye." And they were off to the top of the Eiffel Tower. But not as civilians.

"Hmm... cozy," Ladybug sighed as she leaned closer to Cat Noir.

"Of course it is. We're together." She giggled at his comment. Ladybug and Cat Noir were at the highest point they could sit on the Eiffel Tower, wrapped in a blanket like a hero burrito. Ladybug was sitting in between the feline's legs snuggling her back into his crest, selfishly stealing all of the loving warmth he freely gave her.

"I better let Tikki out so she can tell us the story of... well, us," Ladybug said with a slight laugh and called off her transformation.

"That's cuUute!!" Tikki screamed as she spotted them cuddled together. "You look ready for a bedtime story. Well, listen closely. In the fine streets of Paris, lived two teenagers, knowing nothing of what the future held in stock for them..." Tikki told them of adventures and embarrassments. "... and that finishes the story to the present point in time," Tikki sighs, tired from the many adventures she had to tell them. "Remember anything?"

Both Marinette and Adrien looked at each other and shook their heads. "It was nice to know how we fell in love. Or at least how I fell in love," Marinette smiled at Cat Noir.

Cat Noir looked at Tikki. "How or when did I fall in love with Ladybug?"

Tikki sighed. "I don't know. You never told Marinette or Ladybug why you loved her or when you started loving her."

Cat Noir looked down with a heavy head. "Guess I'll never know.."

Marinette stood up suddenly and faced him. "NO! I will do everything in my power to help you get your memory back. We are Ladybug and Cat Noir. Heroes of Paris. We can do anything."

Something about her shouting out something encouraging and standing above him seemed familiar to Cat. It was beautiful and amazing. Then it hit him like he had just run into a pole at full speed with coffee in his system. That's when he fell in love. It was all coming back so quickly that he started to tear up.

"Adrien?" Marinette asked, worried she might've done something to upset her love.

Cat Noir stood up and gave Marinette a huge Cat/bear hug. "Thank you," he laughed as he cried. "but I don't think we need to worry about my memories anymore. I love you so much. I fell in love with your strength to face evil and throw the truth in its face without a sign of fear showing. I knew you were scared, and you faced it. I fell in love with the second day as superheroes and after you made a mistake. I love you so much, Marinette."

Marinette started crying as she gripped his suit tighter. "I love you, too."

It started raining. And Cat Noir somehow opened his staff like an umbrella and held it out for her. Her wish was granted, just like his. And the kiss they shared next was one of many.

~

YouTube and other links are in my bio.

Cover Art: by wild_turtle_art on Instagram

Thank you for reading!