Chapter 3

Adrien quickly made his way over to the fallen girl. "Marinette!" He said. "Are you okay?"

Adrien helped the poor girl to her feet, picking up the pictures but ignoring them until he was sure of her health.

"Yeah," Marinette said, rubbing her head. "But I do wonder about something."

"What is it?"

Marinette met his eyes. "Where are we?"

Adrien's eyes widened. "Wait, do you know who I am?" He was panicking. What if she lost all of her memories? Ones that were friendly between him and Marinette? What about Alya, Nino, and her parents?

A giggle broke Adrien from his worry. "Of course I do. Why would I forget my boyfriend?"

His eyes widened. "Huh?"

The girl leaned in to speak in a whisper. "And let's not forget the amazing Cat Noir."

Adrien was back into panicked mode. "How do you know about that?" He whispered back.

The young girl giggled. "Oh, you know. Because of Oblivio." Marinette thought he knew. Well, if she knew he knew, right?

Wrong. Adrien believed he knew the answer by thinking of the day before. When Marinette said she must've been saved by Ladybug and himself. "Wait, so you remember what happened in Oblivio?" He asked curiously.

"Surprisingly, yes, but I don't remember anything else except for Oblivio and that unforgettable kiss..." Marinette's mind wondered about the love that was tangible between them in that moment. A feeling she realizes wasn't present. "Wait, do you not remember Oblivio, but everything else about ourselves?"

Adrien, with wide eyes and shock present on his face, only nodded to the young designer's question.

"Oh..." Marinette said realism hit her. "Then could you tell me the basics?"

Adrien's head was spinning with confusion. "Basics? On what?"

Marinette looked at him with a smile that said love and annoyance. "How can I be me? Like where my house is and how I act around people?"

Adrien got the hint. Without saying a word, he grabbed the young girl's hand and walked in the direction of her house. Marinette gave a sound of shock before relaxing with a giggle, curling her fingers around his.

Suddenly, Adrien felt his cheeks flush. Have Marinette's hands always been so soft to the touch?

Unbeknownst to the duo, their biggest fan was watching the whole scene and taking photos of the road with a devilish smirk gracing her lips.

Adrien, still a blushing mess, took Marinette to her bakery and entered through the front door, realizing just how bad of an idea it was when he saw both of her parents there working to bake up something delicious.

Before Marinette could say anything, Adrien quickly let out a "Hello Mr. Dupain, Ms. Cheng," and gave Marinette a look that said 'roll with it until we know more.'

She nodded once and waved at her parents. "Hey mom, dad. Adrien and I are going to do homework together. Is that alright?"

Sabine smiled, noticing their tightly woven hands, and gave a sweet nod. "Of course, dear. Adrien, would you like to stay for dinner?"

Adrien's eyes widened and he nodded quickly without hesitation and without realization of what he had got himself into.

"Great!" Tom shouted excitement boiling over as well as the rising bread dough. "Well, have something blended well for you two."

Adrien got a weird sense of déjà vu as he thought about his time here as Cat Noir, as well as his fight with Mr. Dupain or Weredad at that time.

"That sounds... awesome, dad, but we have a lot of homework and Adrien promised to help me. Love you both, but we've got to get started, right, Adrien?"

Adrien's mind was lost as he looked at Marinette. The girl came to his shoulder and her eyes held so much affection. It surprised him in every way. What happened during Oblivio?

During his moment of silence, Marinette squeezed his hand to bring him back from his wandering conscience. "Right, Adrien?" She whispered in his ear, her breath warm and soft: his definition of home.

"Yeah..." he said breathlessly. "I mean Yes." He said fixing his transfixed look.

The parents looked at each other with a smile only to point their focus back on the twitter-pated teens. "Sure," her mom said as she watched the teens slip by. "How I can't wait to see your wedding day."

Adrien, knowing more of their girl's house then she did at the moment, led the two of them to her room and shut the door, while Marinette twirled around looking at everything.

"Wow, I must really like clothes. I have books full of them and fabric scattered everywhere." That's when she looked at her walls. "Wow, that's not healthy." She whispered.

Adrien turned to look at what she was talking about, only to see his face plastered on her walls. They were clippings of his photoshoots. But he thought nothing of it. "Oh, yeah, Marinette— I mean, you— are really into fashion and I model. You said you were a fan when I came to talk to you about it at school."

Marinette raised a brow. And pulled down something, something that Adrien knew nothing of. "Is this my schedule?" He asked.

"It looks like it. I apparently was obsessed with my boyfriend."

Adrien came out of his flooding question to get an answer for one; one that he knew this Marinette knew. "Why do you think we are dating?"

Marinette was taken back and her face filled with hurt and worry. "Wait, did we break up or what?"

Adrien looked into her eyes. Were they always this blue? "We were never dating. What in Oblivio happen that made you, and I at the time, think that?"

Marinette pulled out Adrien's phone from his back pocket and the model turned a shade of embarrassment. She quickly opened his phone and flipped to his photos and proceeded to open her own. Then she set them on the desk next to each other and moved away. "Go ahead and take a look."

Being a cat, Adrian's curiosity was past its limit and he looked. On his phone, a picture of Ladybug was there, and in hers, a picture of himself. Adrien still didn't understand.

"What does this mean? I mean I see I have Ladybug in My phone and me on yours, but that only means I like Ladybug and you like me. Which surprises me to no end seeing as you always stutter around me."

Marinette tiles her head, thinking and analyzing, only to realize just what was going on and how heartbreaking this was going to be for her.

"Adrien..." she mumbled. "Don't you know that I'm Ladybug?"

~

YouTube and other links are in my bio.

Cover Art: by wild_turtle_art on Instagram

Thank you for reading!