Chapter 4

Adrien's mind is filled with memories between Ladybug, Marinette, and himself.

Marinette being Ladybug when she stood up to Chloé for taking Alix's watch out of his hands.

Marinette when she said her campaign speech after their fight with Darkblade.

Marinette is always there to help out with whatever classmate needs a brave hand.

Of course Ladybug was Marinette. No one else could possibly fit the bill. No one could be more amazing. And no one else could make him fall.

Adrien was aware of his growing crush on the baker's daughter, but he always let it pass because of his blindness on Ladybug and the illusion of his "Marinette's just a friend" policy. Not to mention, he thought Marinette had no interest in becoming anything close, even as a friend. But looking back, and mentally banging his head into the wall, he realized the reason she only stuttered with him, why she ran away when he was near, why his best friend was hinting that maybe he should be with a sweet girl- one that could give him a sweet tooth.

Adrien's gaze left the petite girl, looking around the room. Marinette was in love with him, and without knowing, he'd been in love with her.

Adrien viewed pictures with no thought to them, only thinking of every time he caught as she fell due to her clumsiness. A smile grazed his face. It was always so cute to see her flustered. Cute when she stuttered. When the umbrella folded on her. She was just adorable. And he couldn't understand why he didn't notice his feelings before.

"Adrien..." He heard her whisper. "Are you disappointed?"

The sound of her hurt voice broke his heart. Of course she had that insecurity. Even with her mask, it's one of the reasons Ladybug refuses to tell Cat Noir. Because she was too scared to lose Cat Noir's friendship because he was in love with a mask.

Adrien leaned his head on the wall before he suddenly turned around and marched up to Marinette. She backed up until she hit the wall, confused and scared that he'd be mad. Adrien was close; there was barely an inch between them.

Without hesitation, he leaned down and claimed her lips as his own. Marinette let out a sigh and placed her hand in his hair, combing the back of his neck with her fingers. Adrien grabbed a hold of her hip as he slid the other hand down to hold hers, curling their fingers together.

It was just as she remembered. His breath was still as intoxicating, his lips still soft. Not to mention, it's the exact same position they were in for the kiss he forgot and the kiss she remembered. And every bit as magical and more.

Adrien deepened the kiss, releasing his grip on her hip to take hold of her cheek pushing Marinette into the wall. She giggled in her kisses, but gave him what he wanted. Soon, his kisses became needy as he swiped his tongue across her mouth. Marinette became shocked with passion and only pulled away because her legs felt weak.

But Adrien wasn't done. Marinette was breathing heavily as he leaned his forehead to hers for a mere second only to kiss the corner of her mouth and move to her ear and down her neck.

"Adrien..." Marinette whispered breathlessly. "We need to find a way to get my memory back..."

"Why?" His voice was husky. To her, it was like listening to the most beautiful song.

"Because you love Ladybug and Marinette and she is currently missing?"

What? Adrien moved his head so he could look at her. Marinette was in front of him and she was Ladybug. That makes no sense.

"I don't follow, M'lady. You are right here."

Marinette rolled his eyes. "Do you want someone who has no memories of our past? Just ones you can't remember?"

Oh... she means do you want to love someone who could be the someone you don't want.

Adrien took her hands. "Marinette, I will go with you across the universe to help you gain your memories back, but just know this: yesterday, today, tomorrow, and every day after, I will always love the version of you you are then."

Marinette bit her lip to keep tears from surfacing. "And I will love you no matter how much memory I have."

And with that, one last kiss was shared between them before they made their next move.

~

YouTube and other links are in my bio.

Cover Art: by wild_turtle_art on Instagram

Thank you for reading!