17 [N]

jack was sat in the car, waiting for zach. he was looking down at his phone as he waited, with a frown decorating his face. zach like a dude. he was glad to hear that he also liked guys, but not glad to hear that that dude was not him. it was upsetting, he'd liked the guy for almost two years now.

normally, seven twenty one am was jack's favorite time of the day. he always picked up his crush on the way to school, meaning he had a total of fifteen minutes alone with zach. most of the time they'd just goof around and it'd make jack's day ten times better. 

but today was different. today jack didn't feel like picking zach up and almost made an excuse not to but jack was his only ride - since the bus had left - and he couldn't do that to him. 

a hurried knock on the window made jack look up and smile immediately. sure, he was upset but zach always seemed to be able to put a smile on the curly haired male's face. always. 

"hello," he greeted, getting into the car. "sorry i took so long, i didn't know what to wear," he explained, putting on his seat belt and searching through his book bag for food. 

"it's fine. we arrive early everyday anyway." jack shrugged and began driving. only a few seconds of silence passed before zach turned on the radio and raised the volume up. 

"i freaking love this song," said the boy with the rosy cheeks with a mouth full of cherrios. he began humming in a silly way while making faces, earning a few giggles from jack. "clumsy 'cause i'm falling in love," he mocked, closing his eyes. 

jack also liked it when he drove zach to school because he knew almost every song out there and sang it in the goofiest way to make the shorter boy laugh. he always acted more dippy when he was around jack. 

there was a point where jack began to sing along with zach, singing the chorus while the other one sang the background vocals. 

"clumsy 'cause i'm falling in love," they sang together. 

"so in love with you." jack looked over after finishing the lyrics only to find zach already staring at him with a smile.

and it was that intense stare they shared at the stop sign that made jack feel hopeful. he was going to continue with his pick up lines, there is no way he was giving up.

'''

i don't intend on making the narrated chapters too long just so you guys know :) love u <3