2 - Nic

She just looked so fucking cool all the time. "You always look so cool" Daisy said to Gatsby. I couldn't help but to be hypnotized by the way the smoke swirled in the air around her as she puffed on her cig. Even while polluting her body August looked cool and gorgeous and perfect. I stared at her from my bedroom window, like I always have since I found out it faced hers when we were 10. I half hoped she'd see me, wave and invite me over to spend the afternoon together doing whatever she wanted. But I half hoped she didn't because there's the possibility she'd be creeped out by me staring - admiring her. Movement in her window; she saw me. But instead of being horrified she looked genuinely happy to see me. She rested her cigarette in a toilet paper role I guess she used as an ash tray, and opened her window.

"Nic! Get over here!" she shouted with an enthusiastic wave of her arm. This is a fucking dream, I thought to myself.

"Hey!" I yelled back, "Be right over." I stumbled in my haste to get to her and caught her shaking her head with a smirk on her full lips as she closed her window- her default reaction to almost everything I did.

I scanned cologne labels looking for one that said "boyfriend material" and was half disappointed by the fact the the ingredients held no such component. Clean shirt, clean jeans, clean boxers: would it be the day that I finally did something or she finally gave me a sign? "Give me a break." I said to myself, "You ain't coming out that friendzone."