6 - Julie

I couldn't get alcohol into my bloodstream fast enough. I couldn't leave August, who had passed the fuck out, alone to get more. Then I remembered the little white pill in my back pocket. I popped it and waited.

"Are you ok?" August slurred as she yawned and stretched. "Shit was I out long? What's Nic up to?"

"I'll live, about 10 minutes, and probably getting head from that chick he just met," Why are you so bitter? I asked myself as if Myself wasn't already aware of the ridiculous crush I had on Dominic Deidrick. "Anyway, I popped something. This is a heads up." She shrugged and lit a cigarette. "You want a drink to go with that cig?"

"Sounds good. Rum and coke, please."

"I know."

Going for drinks was both a great distraction from Nic and a good way to keep and eye on him, just in case he needed me to beat the shit out of that girl, you know?

"I saw you dancing out there," an athletic type said to me at the bar, "I liked what I saw." I poured to cups of straight whiskey and offered one to my company.

"To liking what we see." and I clinked my cup with his.

***

"The rest of the night was a blur" is a way-understatement. As far as I'm concerned there was no "rest of the night". I turned towards the unknown presence in my bed, expecting it to be Clive, only to see Athletic-Guy fast asleep. I didn't even know the first letter of his first name. How did I even get home, much less with him? August. Guess she was sober enough to drive. Athletic-Guy still had his pants on, so that was a good sign. One or both of us had passed out before anything too crazy happened. "Hot body or not you have to get out of here. Wake up!" I tapped him on his face to coax him out of sleep. "Wakey wakey!" he groaned and swatted at me like I was a fly. "Wake the fuck up punk!" and I slapped him hard on his left cheek.

"Jesus christ!" He shot up. "My mom should hire you to wake me up... Nothing...happened...?" he croaked

"I don't think so."

"Cool. I hate doing stuff when I'm extremely wasted. I like to remember my times, don't you?" I scoffed.

"Not necessarily. Anyway you need to go. I have stuff to do. Nice meeting you I guess, since you ended up in my bed and I don't even know your name."

"Jordan. And you're Julie." Wow we got farther than I thought. "It's ok you were pretty wasted. Did you pop something? Smoke something?"

"Both. Well nice meeting you Jordan. Bye now." I hoped kicking guys out of my room wasn't becoming routine.

"We exchanged numbers...so could we meet up again and sober some other time?" He seemed so genuine and sweet.

"What sport do you play again?" I asked, appraising his body as he got dressed.

"Rugby." Clive plays rugby too. Maybe I have a thing. I thought. But I didn't want to hurt Clive. He was genuine and sweet and athletic first.

"I'll call you if my free." depending on how I feel about Clive next time I see him.

"Cool. See you later."

It's was noon. I fished my phone out purse. 3 new messages from August and 2 from Nic.

August: checkin on u. U had a rough one.

August: call me when u wake up. I can come make u soup.

August: ok clearly ur dead. Coming over.

Nic: Morning, hope you're okay Julie.

Nic: August and I are coming over in 5. See you soon. And right on cue was the door bell.