Chapter 23: Wedding Bliss +18

By: eternityunicorn

Author's Note: The next chapter shall be the last one! I'm wrapping this fic up! However, there shall be one more installment after this to tie up loose ends, not tied up in Elijah's Eternity: New Orleans. It will be called Elijah's Eternity: Cosmic Reset. So look forward to that!

************

The following morning was very chaotic as everyone got ready for the wedding ceremony. Veren, Hel, and two others of Eternity's family that Elijah hadn't met yet had arrived. They were ready to help out wherever they could to move things along, with Veren going to help his bride-to-be and the others going to aid Kaname. Elijah had noticed the newcomers but had been too busy getting ready himself to stop and meet with them. No, introductions would have to wait until after the ceremony it seemed.

The wedding ceremony was to take place at the back of the property, in a clearing of the surrounding forest. The area where everyone would be standing, including bride, groom, and priestess, had been decorated in white and red ribbons with strange, otherworldly symbols scrawled over them. These streamers hung off over hanging tree branches that lead to a stone platform with a podium and large ceramic bowl upon it, where the bride and groom were to stand together, along with Kaname who was performing the ceremony.

Elijah had been informed by the miko as to how a Royal Family wedding worked. Therefore, he was prepared for all that was to come, as he waited for his soon-to-be bride to join him on the porch of the shrine. They were to go to the ceremony together, dressed in the traditional wedding garb of Japan.

For him, that meant that he was dressed in the black kimono and haori with striped hakama and tabi socks and zori sandals. He felt a little out of his comfort zone wearing such clothes. He was certainly not accustomed to the billowing outfit, but it was part of the Royal Family tradition and so, he had to adhere to the custom.

When Eternity finally emerged from inside the shrine, accompanied by Veren, Elijah felt his breath hitch at the sight of his beautiful lady. She wore the traditional white kimono that were typical of Shinto weddings. She had her long white hair put up in an intricate way with traditional ornaments hanging from the folds of her hair. She also wore the traditional headdress, a hat called a tsuno-kakushi. With her pale complexion and even paler hair, she seemed ghostly beautiful, with a shining grace even more profound than ever before, as she floated over to join his side.

"You look perfect," Elijah smiled lovingly at her.

Eternity grinned shyly in return, "As I did not have this type of wedding the last time, I feel ridiculous, quite frankly."

"That makes two of us," he chuckled quietly. "Are you ready?"

"Always," she nodded.

With that, Veren went off ahead of them to join the other guests, while Elijah and his lady began their procession through the Kirin Shrine's courtyard to the back of the propriety where everyone was waiting for them. They didn't touch as was protocol, instead walking toward the raised platform side by side in perfect step with each other until they finally reached the podium with

Kaname standing on the other side of it with a small smile upon her lips. She was dressed in the typical white haori and red hakama she always wore with her white hair tied back by a white ribbon that left two hair loops to frame her face and tie in with the rest.

The rest of the crowd were dressed in traditional Japanese garb as well, magicked into existence for them by Kaname and Veren. The men were dressed in a variety of men's kimonos that were of blacks and grays, while the women present wore colorful kimonos of bright patterns. Nobody looked comfortable, except for Veren perhaps, who seemed used to the foreign garb.