Chapter 3 - It's A Hofferson Thing

I ran through the forest as fast as I could, looking for Stormfly. I didn't care about Hiccup anymore. I just wanted to find Stormfly.

I heard a roar up ahead and ran to it. Stupid, huh? It's a Hofferson thing.

As I ran, I saw something hanging from a tree. I stopped to check it out, and someone tackled me. I struggled to get free, reaching for my axe, but then I stopped.

"Hiccup?" I looked at him for a second. He was scratched up, and blood covered his face. "What happened to you?"

He didn't speak. Instead, he got off of me and helped me up. He grabbed my axe and threw it, cutting the net and sticking it on a tree. Stormfly fell out and she ran to me. I hugged her in joy and went to retrieve my axe.

"Don't." Hiccup said.

I turned around and looked at him.

"Why?" I asked.

"Let me." He walked over and grabbed the axe, pulling it out of the tree, and walking to me.

Then, thunder sounded and lightning struck. But this time, not on a tree. It struck the axe in which Hiccup was holding. He fell to the ground and released the axe.

"NO!" I ran to him and knelt down, putting my ear on his heart. My eyes widened. "No..." A tear fell down my cheek.