Chapter 14 - Revival

I mounted on Stormfly and Monica mounted on Spitfire, with Hiccup in her hands.

"Check to see if he has his knife. He takes it everywhere. Ot should be on his leather belt." I said.

Monica grabbed the knife and held it in her hands.

"I hope this works." She said as she flew back to the cove.

I followed her.

When we arrived, Toothless jumped in the air happily. I got off of Stormfly and took Hiccup from her and set him down in front of Toothless.

"Hey, bud, he needs some Night Fury blood. Unless you want Spitfire to donate." I said as I turned to her.

He growled in disapproval.

"Are you sure? It might hurt." Monica said before getting off of Spitfire.

Toothless nodded his head and sat down.

"Okay, where do you want to be cut?" I asked.

He turned his head to his right arm.

I took the knife from Monica and cut his arm slowly. He growled in pain, but soon stopped when Monica walked over to comfort him.

I dropped the knife and grabbed the cup, allowing it to fill with blood.

"Okay, thanks bud." I said as the cup was full of Toothless' blood.

"Now what?" Monica asked as she pet Toothless' head.

"I guess we feed it to him." I said as I poured the blood in Hiccup's mouth.

I dropped the cup and put my ear on his heart.

No beat. Determined, I kept my ear on his heart.

15 seconds later, when I was beginning to think that he would never wake up, I heard a beat. Then another. And another.

Then his heart was beating again.

"He's awake!" I said as I held him in my arms.

Monica was silent.

Then he opened his eyes.

"Hiccup!" I hugged him tightly and he coughed in response. I began to cry.

"Hey, hey, Astrid." He coughed and hugged me back.

"I'm so happy you're okay." I said.

"Really? I thought I was going to die." He said before I pulled away from him.

"What? Don't say that." I demanded.

"I really did, though." He said as he whistled for Toothless. Toothless helped him up and Hiccup leaned on him.

"Well I'm glad you didn't." I said.

"Yeah, me too." Monica said.

Hiccup turned to her and smiled.

"Monica! You're okay!" He said as he ran and hugged her.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" She asked.

"The Night Fury, the Skrill?" He said as he pulled away from her.

"I was taming the Night Fury," She said as she turned to Spitfire. "And the Skrill didn't get me because I wasn't wearing any metal." She smirked.

"Oh, yeah," He said embarassed. "Is that why I was struck, now?"

"Well the important thing is that you're safe. You should probably get some rest. You just drank Toothless' blood." I said.

Spitfire walked over to Toothless and licked his wound, then licked his face. Toothless jumped in the air playfully, and Spitfire did the same.

"I've never seen him so happy before." Hiccup said.

"Well you've only had him for two weeks." Monica said.

Hiccup smiled.

"Yeah, I guess I have." He said.

He walked over to Toothless and mounted on him.

"Like you said," He said to me. "I should get some rest."

"But his tail. You'll have to make a new tail fin." I said.

"Or you can take Spitfire and I can make the tail fin." Monica suggested.

"I'm glad you guys are my friends." He said.

Yeah, friends.